being admitted today - some questions

Old 02-23-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question being admitted today - some questions

well, he's agreed to go today. he called me this morning and asked me what time i would pick him up. we'll pick him up at 3 run some errands, see his daughter, then we go. he won't go until tonight, maybe he's hoping they won't have room for him.

what i'm looking for.

he says he WILL go, not WANTS to go. he will go for the 28 days, but wants a day pass for his birthday. does not want to be doped up the whole time (he was just there for an involuntary stay that has led us to the present situation). what can i do to ensure they admit him, and that they admit him for the entire 28 days. now i know there is nothing really that i can do, but how can i "help" him get in and stay in. right now he does not think that i love him and is really only going in because i put my foot down and won't come home with our child. i am dying for this day to be over and praying that it will come to a beneficial conclusion.

thanks
Old 02-23-2006, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am sorry to say there is nothing you can do. my husband went into rehab to avoid jail, and to keep me. my insurance covers 45 days of inpatient treatment, well after 9 days he was supposely 'cured' and didn't need any more treatment per him and the counsler, the night he got out he picked a fight with me because i thought he needed to stay in their longer, and drank he next day.

i am sad to say that there is not much you can do. i wish their was but he will have to want to stop drinking and it sounds like he doesn't want to and that he hasn't hit his bottom. i wish you and him all the best.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you both. My AH has not ever gotten that far (in fact "he doesn't have a problem" ), so I have no experience except for sister.(took her going, sent home "cured" after 11 days, relapse,lost job,outpatient rehab......so far good on that 7mo. later and 2nd week of new job.whew!)

Maybe "will go" is the best he can give at this point....hopefully once he gets there he will do what he needs to do. I can understand your feelings....but at least it is a start. Like I said, mine has never gotten that far, so at least your AH might at least hear enough to "ruin his drinking" and plants some seeds.......hopefully even more!

Prayers to you both; please keep us posted how YOU and he are doing.