hi

Old 02-23-2006, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hi

Over this past weekend I learned that I have not really forgiven my dad yet for a lot of things he did to not just me but to my family. My dad has not had a drink in 11 months. Our relationship is getting closer but I feel that I Am letting things get in the way of our relationship because I have not fully forgiven him yet. I know this will take awhile but I was glad it was brought to my attention by my Higher Power.

Shana
Old 02-23-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

shana - good to see your post. that's awesome that your dad has 11 months. resentments can be a stumbling block for sure. at least you are recognizing it and are willing to do something about it!

((())) to you!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks. I know they are stumbling blocks but I will get through them. My dad used to drive drunk with me in the car a lot of the time when I was 8 or 9 years old. It is so hard for me to forgive his for indangering my life and the life of others. This is something I have held onto for a long time now. I have to let it go but I am not sure if I can or how I know ask God and i have been praying a lot about this one thing. My dad is a great person and he is my dad and I love him a lot.

Shana
Old 02-23-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

(((((((((((renee)))))))))))