Just can't stay away!

Old 02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just can't stay away!

Hi everyone. I'm about done with my sick leave with my wrist surgery, but had some dental surgery today!!! I wasn't prepaired for the pain with this one. Didn't think it would be this bad. AH has been very good making me some soup and getting cold rags for my head. I am touched by that. But the pacing started. You know, the way they act when you KNOW they are going to go drinking without them even saying anything!! He would do something nice, then act like that, go away for about 10 min, then come back, ask if I need anything, pace around a bit, walk away, come back. Finally, he says he is going to go get some cigerets. (sp) It's sad that he cannot stay away even when I have surgery and am in pain. ( not forgetting that he has been good to me tonight) It's just sad the disease has him this bad.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

and is he looking for your "approval" that since he did all those nice things he "deserves" a reward? sad it is indeed!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice to see you here, sorry about the pain. More sorry about your AH,
BIG HUGS
Old 02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too see it as if he's looking for your approval....an award for his good deeds.

Good to see you Cup!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for the welcome back. Yes, it is SO obvious to me that that is what he is doing. He has been doing it for a while. Like when he cooks dinner, then keeps saying "I cooked you a good dinner, didn't I?" You have to tell him over and over that dinner was good, and thank you. Then off to the bar he goes. Last night he kept trying to put me to bed. (trying to turn my light out, asking me if I needed anything over and over) I'm sure so he could slip out un noticed. But I told him not to turn out the light, that I wasn't ready to go to bed yet. Thats why he came up with the lame cigarette excuse. I finnally turned my light out at about 11pm. This morning I get a story about a couple up there that is getting divorced! He said he was supprised. I said I wasn't. And I didn't make the comment I wanted to..."I thought you were just going for cigeretts!". Nope. I just left it alone.