Father in Law drinking again

Old 02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Father in Law drinking again

My FIL is also an A. So is my AH. Well, FIL started drinking again. This is really not good b/c he has health issues now (chronic pancreatitis). He has had multiple suicide attempts in the past. I'm wondering right now if he has commited suicide. He lives in another state. I feel so bad for the lady who is dating him. Just a bad situation......
Old 02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry for your concern and worry,hope he is OK. Sure hope you hear soon that he is OK.
BIG HUGS
Old 02-21-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

His girlfriend finally got a hold of him today. He said he had only had "two beers". Wow, we haven't heard that one before, have we??? He was really nonchalent about things, asked baout her day and said he was enjoying hte Olympics. Very innappropriate to the situation.

I'm wondering now if he has been drinking for some time. For over two months, he has been complaining of bad nausea in the morning. He told his girlfriend that the beer is helping his nausea.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think he might be right about the beer helping the nausea while makeing everything worse??? Probably cause he doesn't want to go to a DR.

A friend used to take a drink to kill the pain of a hiatial hurnia. Think he went to a Dr. finally.
So glad you heard that he is still among the living.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, as of last night. I think he does some of his behaviours for manipulation of others. He has no insurance, so he doesn't want to to go to the doctor of course. He really has little cash either.