Husband DUI & child endangerment..help?

Old 02-19-2006, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband DUI & child endangerment..help?

Hi,

Hello all. I am a mother of 3 and 8 year old. My husband was arrested 3 nights ago for dui with child endangerment with my 8 year old well on a trip. BAC of .23, 55 mph plus in snow no lights and 3 near head on collisions. My son spent 6 hours @ police station. I am filing for legal seperation with full custody of children. Husband may loose job. He has went to aa two times and starts rehab tues. I am angry and sad. Mad @ mytself for the denial. I dont know what to do our how to feel. I am lost. from a sad and scared mom
Old 02-19-2006, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Wink

((Mad&Sad))

I'm so sorry you are going through all of that. Sounds like he is getting some help though and that's a good thing. :-)

Have you thought about going to Alanon?

They can give you tools to help you deal with all this stuff.

Keep posting, your not along.

DWI
Old 02-19-2006, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

mad&sad

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. You are taking the first important step. When you can, you should try to attend Al-Anon meetings. Try not to be too hard on yourself about what you have and haven't done up until now. Today is what matters. Reach out for help and understanding - there is plenty to be had, including here.

Good luck.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((mad&sad))) Wow! That is alot. I was just about to sign off, but I first wanted to say hello and let you know you are not alone here. Lots of good advice here. I am so sorry you are in this mess. but glad your son was not hurt.

Please stick around here and post alot...it really does help; you and everyone else. You can start to see your situation in others' posts and it is not so scarey to look at in someone else's situation. Your solutions start to form that way, it seems. (At least to me and in my situation.)

Take care of yourself and your children; keep coming back!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello, ((mad&sad)) we all are so sorry that you are having to deal with this. Please remember to keep posting and venting whenever you need. We all here for each other and this journey. Try the Al-Anon meetings and remember, the three C's, you did not cause it, you can not cure it and you can not control it. I agree with denny57, remember to reach out for help and understanding, do not be ashamed, you will find understanding and help from your true friends.

Doubletime
Old 02-19-2006, 01:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Don't be angry with yourself...place that anger where it belongs...ON HIM! Man, I would have had to shoot the s.o.b. You just keep taking care of you and those kids.
Hugs, Hugs, and more Hugs,
Paula
Old 02-19-2006, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are going thru this. I am glad the kids are okay though. I pray for peace for you.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies..

Hi,

I have been reading post and everyone is so kind. Thank you for the support. It helps not to be alone. Again thank you and I will post and read alot thanks!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

A question for you:

What steps are you taking to ensure that your child will never be in in a car when your husband is behind the wheel? Thank God the police pulled him over. It may have saved your child's life and other innocent people on the road.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi,

It was really bad I talked to the officer tonight and he said that when he awoke in jail he didnt even know where my son was or what happened. He said it was beyind scarey. He is not allowed to drive anywhere with my children right now period. As for the future I am so lost I am not sure what to do i am petitioning for legal seperation and sole physical and legal custody of my 2 children. talked with my son about not getting in car with anyone who has has alcohol I am not ready to file for divorce but dont think even if he does get sober that i can get past this, I mean how do you? It is sheer luck that my child is alive today, not to mention all the other innocent lives. He is a binge drinker niot a daily drinker. I am so angry for letting this happen. Yes I know its not my fault but I knew he had a problem I just never thought this could would happen, Thank god nobody was hurt physically at least.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Welcome to Sober Recovery (SR), M&S. There is much comfort, hope and wisdom here... pull up a chair and stay a while.

Addiction is a nasty condition. It helps me to keep it separate from the person. What we do is not who we are.

More than anything, Alanon has helped me. And one of the things they talk about is "Staying in Today". We can't change the past and we can't predict the future... too much time in either place is just a waste.

TODAY... you can, take a nice hot bubble bath and enjoy a cool glass of tea after the kids get down for the night. You can relax and get yourself ready for a good night's sleep and worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

I hope you can come back in and post - there are lots of good people here who do understand.