Notices

I love my home group

Old 02-19-2006, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I love my home group

Every year my home group puts on a camp out.We started with 15 and last year we had over 300. The men learn to cook do the dishes the ladys learn to fish and live with out make up.We all learn to be kids again. We had our first business meeting for it tonight and I for one am ready for sunshine.We build a realy big fire and have a sound system with 3 wireless micks so every one can hear. We have meetings around the fire every night.We set up a huge kitchen and we have fun in recovery.We also go White water rafting for a weekend.My qwestion to you is there any thing that your home group does for fun.May be some of us want to join in.Just the thought of summer make my sole warm.I live in Oregon. Campout is 22-25 of June. Rafting is Aug 4-6 come and meet us if you can.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Our home groups rarely put on functions.We have a standing sub-committee that does that. Right now we are a fund raising committee. We have so many functions coming up. We plan 2 a month.

Talent Shows, open mic nights, roller skating, bowling, picnics, campouts, dances,speaker jams, We are currently preparing for a "MISS-ter BCACNA Womanless Beauty Pageant" (guys dressed like girls) We have 10 contestants lined up so far. To keep it fair and give the women an opportunity to win a prize, we are planning the "IRON WOMAN COMPETITION" for this summer.

I love being involved with this committee. Especially when you are watching the younger addicts laughing and having fun.

I wish I was closer, or had money to come out. I love campouts and rafting trips.