This would ALMOST be funny if it weren't my Life!

Old 02-17-2006, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

This would ALMOST be funny if it weren't my Life!

I pick up AH from work yesterday and he's venting about having the corporate office come in for a surprise inspection. Says, "I was so happy that they came in, I wanted all of the managers there to be held accountable for the slackers that they are, but NOOOO, they wriggled their way out of it like they always do." This is being said as he's getting out of the car to go into the store and buy a 6 pack when this week is supposed to be his 0 drinking week!!!!

I'm thinking, "just like you are not being held accountable for THIS right now and you've somehow wriggled your way out again."

He comes out of the store with not only a 6 pack, but a TALL BOY six pack (8 beer equivalent) of Icehouse (10 beer equivalent b/c alcohol content is higher than his usual).

Tells me later that drinking a 6 pack will be his cut off. Feels that as long as he's not an A-hole, everything will be fine. He's not gonna stop. I mentioned holidays and being around others drinking and he maintained, "Nope, a 6 pack will be my limit." YEAHHHHHHH RIGHT! All I could muster was, "I'll believe it when I see it."
Old 02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've so heard the, "I'm only going to have this many!" before. Everytime the number gets bigger and that's not counting the ones he snuck when he thought I wouldn't notice.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

he is barginning with himself and is text book. mine does the same thing..."that only happens when I drink liquor, I'll just drink beer...." so many to even type.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Yep. When he broke my windshield, he swore he would not drink liquor anymore b/c "that's what happens." Lo and behold, about a month ago- TEQUILA and a trip for him to the ER for alcohol poisoning. Ain't love grand?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

I hate tequila. Ive had the most vile and horrible things said to me when tequila was involved.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Yeah tequila is the worst. It brings out the A-hole in almost everyone that touches it.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

not to mention Jagermeister.......******* in a bottle