Notices

thanks

Old 02-14-2006, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thanks

so far u guys have been great,,with me its nice to have support i have some at home but he just doesn't know how to deal with me he hasnt ever been with anyone who has had a drug problem
Old 02-14-2006, 03:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

No thanks necessary, NeedingHelp. By helping you we also help ourselves. Hope you keep posting. And since I haven't had a chance to say it before, Welcome to SR!!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeedingHelp1975
so far u guys have been great,,with me its nice to have support i have some at home but he just doesn't know how to deal with me he hasnt ever been with anyone who has had a drug problem
Hello and welcome. I hope you continue to stay sober and keep posting.

Don't underestimate someone's ability to help you just because s/he hasn't experienced the same problems. If that was true, most doctors would be useless. If you haven't, talk with the person you have at home and let him know what you are feeling and going through. He can help you and understand you a lot better if you let him know what you're experiencing.

Keep strong and take care.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I needed the help and support of people from AA and NA because they'd been through everything I was going through and could really understand. SR is a fabulous addition to a f2f recovery program, but not a substitute for one, IMO. Hope you find the help and support you need to get and STAY sober.

:Valearth:
Old 02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phinneas
I needed the help and support of people from AA and NA because they'd been through everything I was going through and could really understand. SR is a fabulous addition to a f2f recovery program, but not a substitute for one, IMO. Hope you find the help and support you need to get and STAY sober.

:Valearth:
I understand what you're saying. I just started a thread with a pretty long OP on this subject and maybe I should edit to say that I realize empathy is many times much stronger than sympathy, but often we don't accept help from those who haven't experienced the same problems even though they are willing to do so.

Take care.