Notices

Making Big Mistakes and Recovering

Old 02-13-2006, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wish to be Alien

Making Big Mistakes and Recovering

Hello all,
I'm a recovering Meth addict, been clean 13 months now. Gave it all up, got tired of the crowd, the drama, the thieves, the cops, & and my bad health.
Well so what and how have I changed you ask? To start with, I did it all on my own, no recovery program. Ya, I am probably insane anyways, if not sometimes I feel it's close. I started walking a few miles a day, now a year later I'm up to 10 miles a day. By the way, I also quit smoking cigarettes at the same time. I'd been smoking crack 10 yrs then went to ice (meth) for 20 years. I have to say I did enjoy it alot, I won't lie. Lots of women in my life screwed me up because I let them. I've accepted my faults and defeats, after all I created them, da... 2 years ago I put My girlfriend in a recovery program because I couldn't handle her anymore, she never came home and I had to work and take care of 3 kids. After she graduated from her program in Oakland, she moved to a halfway house with the 3 kids. THE KICKER... Then I found out she was solicting herself out of a church (FCC in Oakland), she had a black baby, then told me I can't see the kids anymore. I went nuts, bought a 44 Mag. and found myself in jail for stalking. Well charges were dropped, at a legal cost of $125,000 dollars. After a 45 days in jail, I got smart. Since then I've lost 65 lbs, stayed drug free, got a beautiful tan, teeth whitened, walk 10 miles a day, and play tennis 3 times a week. If I only had a job now...
Old 02-13-2006, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Congratulations on the collected time and the good choices.
Don't give up the good fight and keep plugging away for that job. One will show. Just don't use.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Wow!! Congratulations!! I am also free from meth, (only 13 weeks) but I know it's tough. I am glad to see you here!

Good to know you stayed clean through all that also.

Keep posting, and welcome to SR!!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

something that came to mind after i read this was something that someone said in a meeting one time. "we want to pat ourselves on the back for running out of a burning building"
Old 02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wish to be Alien

You can pat your self on your own back, I'm going to try to influence other to quit.
Does anyone know of a halfway house or program for a 31 yr old woman I know in Hayward, CA? There is always a waiting list and this girl wants to check in now. Maybe a phone #...and I don't mean a info phone number that gets nowhere.