Purples....

Old 02-11-2006, 01:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Purples....

I'm sat here typing while evryone is asleep - we all stayed up chatting too late last night. There's a little something I'm busting to tell though - for all those who wished this weekend was special!!

By the head of the lake we stopped and D got his camera out. After a little while I went to collect the smooth frosted bits of glass made that way by the water and stones. When I came back their was a robin in the tree just above D , very close and he was photographing it. I left them to it thinking any second the bird would be gone - but it wasn't.

It stayed and posed then hopped to a nearer twig, we have pictures of it DEFINATELY checking D out, it stayed longer. Finally it hopped onto the ground right next to him - about a foot from his lense, it stayed and posed and watched D carefully. I had to wait an awful long time to go back!!

Oh and when we get home we have the pictures to prove it!!

You know all my years around animals - I believe strongly they sense peace and when they sense it strongly enough they can become as curious as us.

A very BIG purple!!
Old 02-11-2006, 01:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by equus

You know all my years around animals - I believe strongly they sense peace and when they sense it strongly enough they can become as curious as us.

A very BIG purple!!
I truly believe that 100%

I was in the habit of making 2 O'clock my prayer time. Just after finishing this one night, I stepped out back. The rabbit across the parking lot would run away as I step out back. This one day it just looked at me. Stood on it's back legs and took a longer look. I took one step foward and stopped. It stood even taller. I started looking at myself. Up and down my own arms and legs..."Am I glowing?" Either I was glowing and couldn't see it or I had such peace within me from the prayer time that the rabbit was able to sense it all.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember; one peacefull Sunday morning digging out the hole for a pond in my garden, the pond where Frodo the frog now resides. My cat, Tigger was sat beside me as I checked the hole for stones. Being in touch with the earth is so calming, satisfying. Along came a Robin, he perched on my spade about 3 feet away from me and Tigger. We 3 looked at each other. Tigger sat up and gazed with intent at Robin; trilling quietly in her throat as cats do when they see prey. Tigger looked at me; I said quietly "No Tigger, leave him alone" She laid back down and closed her eyes.
Mr Robin spied a worm in the freshly dug earth, swooped down to eat it, Tigger looked again, looked at me and went back to sleep.
Knowing cats predatory instincts as I do, that was a magical moment in my relationship with my cat. I miss her.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to those piccies E
Old 02-11-2006, 03:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nature and it's creatures can be such a valuable teacher.
I have had some wonderous experiences with animals and when I try to explain them, words seem to shrink the experience.
Thanks for the reminder to stop and see the beauty in the world Eq.
Here's a purple from me to you.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing that peaceful thought this morning eq. i, like susane, feel at one with the universe when i am out in my yard, drinking in all that surrounds me. just listening, watching, absorbing it all.

a bit of purple back at you!

Old 02-11-2006, 10:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing this eq....
I feel the true peace you both share in your posts....
Old 02-12-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well we're home now, good to get the dogs back!!

It's been the most happy, lovely weekend! I'll always have to share D but I love it, I love seeing the pleasure in his family. His brother arrived on the Friday night, made the 100 mile round trip and missed his saturday night with friends to be there till we left on Sunday. I discovered D's Dad laughs silently because sometimes I'd just turn round and see him giggling himself to death in his chair. D's Mum is totally over the moon and tells me something has changed and this isn't like anything before since he was a kid.

It's been the most beautiful weekend, special in so many ways. Occasionally, just sometimes, it might be arrogant but I can know something was an all good thing to do and arranging for D to be with his family and hills has been one of them.

I'm off to shrink a robin!! back soon....

Edit - I shrunk the robin!!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad you two had a good weekend.
Your love story is one of my all time favorites.
Beautiful robin.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

And here's another one of our robin:

Plus a little feather for good measure!
Old 02-12-2006, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds a wonderful weekend Eq, so glad for you.
Those robin piccies are stunning, not seen better from professionals
Old 02-12-2006, 02:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Funny...I've been looking for a blue feather all weekend.
White is close...blue must be next.
Beautiful pictures Eq, keepers all of them.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I can't thank you all enough for the tons of good wishes!! Does it help to tell you they all came true?

I once read that sober periods were important even if they didn't last, both for the drinker and families - I could fully comprehend that this weekend.

I feel a bit selfis 'cos I'm just posting here tonight, not reading - but just for now it's all I can think to do. I'm so grateful to everyone here that's held my hand to this point.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh you, I will always be here to hold your hand.

Loyalty to honest hearts is one of my best qualities.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yep! grab these sobertimes with both hands and take all the good out of them that you can. They make a fine bolster against the 'Maybe's and What ifs'
Old 02-12-2006, 02:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Gabe - do you have a library of perfect piccies? I don't know how you find them!
They make a fine bolster against the 'Maybe's and What ifs'
Yep and 'what is' is a damn site stronger than 'what if'!!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm so happy that you and D had such a wonderful time. You both deserved it. The photos are beautiful. D's got an artist's eye and loads of talent.

I agree that sober periods are important both for recovering addicts and for those who love them. I also agree with Susanne that it's important to take all the good out of sober periods that you can.

Reminds me of something I posted a while ago with the title "second chances are wonderful, indeed."
Old 02-12-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

just beautiful eq - so wonderful to hear you had a bang up time! savor every moment!