Notices

we've been hangin out forever

Old 02-10-2006, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

we've been hangin out forever

when i was in high school i always hung out with the same group. then one day my friend brought his buddy along he was a man of many names but everyone called him pot. he started coming along with us on friday, then he was still there on saturday but we never saw him during the week. after awhile we brought him to lunch and then eventually back to school, we hung out in friends garages when their parents weren't home, cause they hated him. he ended up coming on vacation with me once and we hung out all day night we did everything and we have been inseperable ever since. i quit hanging out with all of my other friends because they always tried to steal pot away from me. for pretty much everyday for the last 7 years i have gotten high. its hard to see that big of a number. im worried about what life will be like without because i made it such a big part of my life but i owe it to myself to stop.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

What a clever way to introduce yourself!! Welcome to SR!

I'm Carol....an alcoholic in AA recovery.

I dabbled in many drugs alone the way but
alcohol hooked me,

There is hope and healing and recovery for anyone
desiring a better way of life.

Please check out our forum Drug Addiction too.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You sure do Pal.

I know exactly what your going through, dont worry your not mad, bad, or hopeless. It is tough? But you will feel a hundred times better once you get going.

This is about life - for me - and not about substances. I am three years without booze, drugs. I am not a sober health fascist, or a geek, or a saddo who spends lunatic time in the gym: I am just someone who got sick and tired of being sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over, and making myself ill, afraid, and alone. It would not have got better. My life only gets better and better without that rubbish coursing through my veins. Stay posted, stick around, and welcome to recovery. Peace, 5
Old 02-10-2006, 03:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi gottadoit and welcome, aren't you tired of pot beating you up all the time? Isn't it a drag knowing you can't go anywhere by yourself? Ask yourself why pot drove all your other friends away. Pot won't take your school tests for you and if so pot always fails. Do you want to live the rest of your life with pot your only companion? Will pot pass you the fries when you're working at a fast food store asking "fries with that Mr.?" That's your future if you go on like you've been. Will pot go on dates (if you can get one) with you? And if pot goes won't that ruin the date.
SMARTEN UP!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

You begin to know when friends are slipping away. Sometimes it happens suddenly.
Sometimes you just begin to have different interests. Sometimes your friends get in the way of your progress and you slowly part ways. Sometimes you friends get you in trouble thru there bad influence and you dont want to go down with them. Sometimes friends are dishonest not able to be trusted. Sometimes friends are sneaky and it takes awhile to realize that hanging out with them is not good for you even though you might like to hang with them once in a while. Sometimes I look at my friends and say "is this someone I want to hang with am I really enjoying there company"?
If I was out hiking and someone handed me a pipe I might take a toke.
In my daily life pot was a friend that lost its usefullness.
It became more of a problem than it was worth.
Have you ever been dismissed by someone because they knew you were stoned?
I have and I didnt like it.
Max