Notices

Any S/R's from Houston, TX or B.R.,La?

Old 02-09-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Any S/R's from Houston, TX or B.R.,La?

Hi, this is Sharon and I'm an Alcoholic.

I'm kinda new here in S/R and try to post daily. I read many posts and there are lots of members here scattered all over the map. So this is a good place to ask if there is anyone here in S/R from Houston,Texas or Baton Rouge, La.?

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Sharon. Welcome to SR! Actually I'm from Tennessee. But, I've been to Texas . Keep posting and coming back to SR! It's a great bunch of people!

xoxoxo

Ang
Old 02-09-2006, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Thanks

Hey thanks Ang....I've been to Tenn. a few times. Love Ober Gattlenberg. I love being a Southerner. Anyways....we have good AA down here just like up north and in between. It's all good. : )
Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Hey sharron...I'm from ponchatoula, la....about 30 minutes from B.R....
Old 02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Hello Sharon & Welcome to SR.
I lived in Baton Rouge for 13 years.
I still visit a certain bussiness on the corner of Hollywood & Plank Rd.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is great....! Thanks Blake and True Blue. I was hoping someone in my neck of the woods would be ALIVE here in S/R. : ) There's just something wonderful about CajunLand : )
Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Sharon, I live in Highlands which is just east of Houston. I work in Houston and attend my meetings in Houston.

I can't tell, are you in Houston or BR?

Take care,
Kellye
Old 02-10-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Sharon and welcome!
Other side of Texas here. Here's a map you can check out of where members are at, you should add your pin to!
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...map-75278.html
Old 02-10-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile Hi....

Kellye and Chy,

Thanks for the map. Didn't know there was such a thing. : ) I am originally from Baton Rouge and moved here to Houston 9 years ago, about 45 minutes to an hour from the University of Houston. Hwy. 6 / West Little York. Harris County. Many should know where Baton Rouge is. That's not far from New Orleans. Right on the Mississippi River. Bayou Country. Home to Mardi Gras, Crawfish, PeeRow boats, moss cover trees, Justin Wilson "How ya'll are", Tabasco and most of all, some good AA with Southern Hospitality. : ) Here in Houston, it's the City Life. More of everything you can possibly need or want. Things I can really do without. It's like how much can they cram in every available space down here. A drugstore on every corner. Or fast food place. The houses here are so close to each other you can hear the neighbor next door sneeze or visit the potty. Yuk..! : ) AA here is good, but one has to DRIVE to get to them. And theres not many 12 noon ones or speaker meetings. Yeah, i know i sound like im whinning. That I can do. or even make excuses not to go to a meeting. Maybe it's the way I was raised up. or it could be fear. I think it has to do something with change. I don't do well with change even if I know it's good for me. Oh well....I guess Ive been isolating here in my litle corner of the world that I am craving AA attention. FELLOWSHIP. For now, I feel like Im in a good place amongst you guys here in S/R. Hey, thanks for being here for me.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Sharon, this is the business on Plank road I was talking about. I was forced into a diet but I told my husband and DR. if I go to Baton Rouge and the hot light is on I am stopping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
planf rd 2.jpeg (2.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-10-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh yes True Blue I do remember that place. In fact I think that was the only one to go to back in BR.. We do, however, have one right around the corner from us here in Houston. Sadly I heard on the news that the doors are closing for good. : ( Is that true? Another childhood memory and landmark going away. Hmmmm....maybe there will be a Krispy Kreme up there along with our Big AA meeting in the sky. : )