bupernorphine

Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

bupernorphine

I've been off methadone(5yrs) for 14 months now, and am down to 1mg of suboxone. Does anyone have any experience about the duration of transition. I mean how bad could it be, if at all? I was chipping with dope over the summer so I thought it best to ease on out of this stuff. It is time, and I'm doing it no matter what but I'd still appreciate any help from someone who's been down this road before. I used dope for over 30 yrs, excepting when locked up and have turned the corner big time.........
I've had some pretty rough jones bones in my time...kicking methadone in jail cold,dope...etc so regardless of the relatively small time nature of this would like some feedback. Thanx
Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Sorry for jumping in here, downtime, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your taper all the way down to 1 mg. of Suboxone! What an amazing accomplishment! I'm also on Suboxone and it's definitely been a lifesaver. I work closely with my addictionologist and attend NA regularly. I'll soon begin a supervised taper and I'm nervous but excited to start. Can't wait to say I'm down to 1 mg., too! I hope you'll stick around and keep us posted on your progress. (There's a great section for NA and drug addiction here.)

If you'd like to read more about Suboxone, there's a great website with lots of information at www.suboxone.com Hope it helps.

There's a quote in there that says: "There are no clinical data to suggest that medically supervised withdrawal from SUBOXONE offers any short- or long-term benefits over indefinite maintenance therapy. In the absence of a compelling patient need or desire to be completely opioid-free, maintenance therapy is preferred because it is associated with better treatment retention."

So take your time and be proud of your hard work and dedication. Good luck to you!