Notices

day 1 ????? almost...

Old 02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1 ????? almost...

So, today is day 1 of sobriety... I haven't earned the whole day yet because my tendency is to slip up at night when I'm tired of fighting. But we'll see how it goes...

I had an appointment with my drug and alcohol counselor but she overbooked and was not able to see me today after I ran around crazily from work and classes to fit this in. It kinda made me feel like umm if she can't care enough to schedule me in normally and it's my first meeting after the initial intake.... it makes me feel like umm.... how is this helpful? I rescheduled and I see her Wednesday but it juist made me so angry.

Now that I've gotten some time to think about it all... I realize regardless of if I see her or not I want so badly to stop using marijuana.... she can't stop me really I must do it. So with her guidance I will.... it just made me upset I'm on a rocky road and I felt so alone today. I'm just trying to remember this saying...

Remember, you always have a choice as to how you react to the things around you and that you can control no one and nothing in life but you.

Hopefully I can overlook this and have a successful night.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi sunny,

Congrats on your fisrt day and welcome to SR There is loads of info and support here as long as you keep coming back, so see you soon.

Kevin
Old 02-06-2006, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sunny and Welcome,

That's a good attitude. It's you who will make this happen, with the help of others. So, the fact of overbooking today is not a huge thing. Good lesson to learn!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Sunny and welcome,

It's easy to find whatever excuse you want to get approval from your guilty conscience to go ahead and do it again. It's you who pays the ultimate price in reduced performance. Be all you can be, you know the path to get there, follow it and your dreams can come to much more than even you can dream. Coming back here is a great help for me, and I'm in you same situation. Different age, different substance, but still have some things to accomplish in the time I've been given. So do you, keep up the good work and come back often.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Sunny and welcome.

Yup, it is the end of the day and I am ready to go hang at my favorite bar...but not tonight. If I can get past it it will be three really important days for me.

Hold on to this day of sobriety,
Gianna
Old 02-06-2006, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((Gianna))))) your fave bar will be there tomorrow, so leave it just for today

Kevin