Notices

What a week..

Old 02-05-2006, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a week..

Hi everybody.Like i said what a week for some damm reason the urge to drink was pretty tough.Its been 13 months and i was starting to feel pretty safe and then bang the urge hit me hard.I talked about it at a meeting a bit but we had a large group of people so didnt say to much but wow,goes to show you that sometimes the higher power that we were taught to believe in has to work overtime.So anyway a new week beginning and o hope to stay sober even if its by minute by minute cause i sure dont want to ever drink again....THANKS,,
Old 02-05-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

********************{Dave}}}}}}}}}}}

13 months is incredible and I'm so proud of you that you got through your crappy week. Ya know, it really truly is posts like yours - this one - that gives me a newbie of 68 days - proof that you really can get through it. You tell me it isnt' always easy but you prove it is possible. THANK YOU

Here's to a wonderful week

Suga
Old 02-05-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Dave. Sharon here. Glad u shared. Hey at least ur brave enough to share at a meeting with what's going on with you. That is really the way it's done. For me, shy as I am in a group, I would listen eagerly to what others where sharing in hopes I would hear what I needed that day. More than likely you will hear something that will help you stay sober that day.Take what you want or need from the meeting and leave the rest.Those first years are hard. I remember hearing from old-times to just keep coming back and hold on tight to a coat-tail of someone and be ready for the ride of your life. All I knew from the beginning was that I didn't want to drink. Mainly because I was scared to. After spending 28 days in treatment away from my family, I surely didn't want to go back there again. Yet being there gave me the first few stepping stones on the road of recovery. The 12 steps are there for us to guide us through recovery. I am not a fast learner and don't know it all, but I do look up to those that are ahead of me in sobriety and follow their actions. They go to meetings...and if it means going to 90 meetings in 90 day...go, it must work....or service work...offer to make coffee or like I did...bring something to eat like a package of cookies. They will love you forever. I did that because it was hard for me to stop and talk to people. That way, people thanked me for feeding them. : ) I loved it. It got me out of myself and problems to do something nice for someone else. Anyway....Keep doing what ur doing and before you know it, you will have collected a number of one days at a time to get to where you are that day. Like I've heard before, you are one of the most important people in these rooms. : ) Stay sober and keep coming back! Have a good one. Sharon
Old 02-05-2006, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Sharon And Suga
Old 02-05-2006, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

u got the same name as me kool
Old 02-05-2006, 12:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hey..I hear you loud and clear..my week was pretty gut wrenching...I am newly clean and sober too and needed to hear your message...it ain't easy just very WORTH IT!!! Thank god that things CHANGE...we won't feel this way forever..those are words I tell myself...glad you are going to meetings..me too...stay strong as you trudge the road to reccovery!!! I'm trugdin' too!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dave,

Thanks for sharing and so glad you are sober. By sharing you remind me that nothing is "automatic" about sobriety. It is something we have to actively pursue. I have 10 months are really needed to hear what you had to share. So thank you very much, because your sharing helps me to stay sober!

Chris
Old 02-05-2006, 04:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Hi, Dave, Harold here from Moose Jaw, Sask. Glad to hear about your sobriety and that you're determined to KEEP IT! Every minute is a victory.

Remember, you're still relatively a newcomer. I know three guys who sobered up before I was born, and I'm 50. They're not "safe", they openly admit it, and so do I. I've only been sober 17 years. Alcohol is "cunning, baffling, and powerful".......... and very patient. I'm only one drink away from a drunk, and I always will be. All I'm trying to do is go to bed tonight sober. Tomorrow, if I wake up, I'll work on staying sober tomorrow. One day at a time, for the rest of my life, however long that is.

Annual anniversary time is a hard time for many people, and it's only in the past few years that my anniversary hasn't been difficult. I get to thinking if I've been sober this long, maybe I'm ____________________ (fill in the blank). Stinking thinking that can lead to drinking. Don't let it. I never do. I must not drink, no matter what. As they used to say at another online meeting, even if your ass falls off. Put it back on and take it to a meeting.

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks again for all the wonderful advise and wishes once again my friends.