Notices

When will it end?

Old 02-04-2006, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When will it end?

I'm 10 days of of a methadone habit that consisted of only 10mgs a day. I feel like I'm never going to get better. Anyone out there got any feedback on how long this will last. I'm totally fatigued and can't seem to "get it together". How long does this last???? Please help.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I don't know meth but I do know it does get better. There are some wonderful people here who have been there and as they show up, they will share what works for them.
It does get better. Have you looked into meetings? NA meetings will gain you much support and info.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Actually yes about the meetings. My husband and I are going to start very soon. To tell you the truth I posted that this morning and as the day went on I started to actually feel like a person again. You are very right though. Now that I'm getting my body back...I'll have to work on my mind! Thank you for the reply!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Talking

<TABLE height=1000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width=20 background=http://www.bigoo.ws/images/sf_lati_sx.jpg height="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=760 height="100%">

So glad you are here!

I don't know a whole lot about methadone
but I know lots about meth.

I'm not sure how different they are but I
think getting off them is similiar in
some aspects.
Your body will take some time.

It was really hard for me because
I hate to sleep and eat.

It is much easier I eventually found out
if you take many naps
and eat small meals to give yourself energy.

When you can, exercise is good too.
Even just small walks here and there to get out
will help in a big way.

Taking vitamins may help also.
The B group is what I take.

Mainly just a lot of rest, going easy on yourself
and talking to other people will probably help a lot.

I'm glad you are here. Keep posting.
If you post and get out what's in your head
it seems to help to get past the urges,
the pain, the anger, etc. all of that.

Helps you to clarify things in a different way
than if you try and do it in your head.
It will also help you keep your eye on the prize.
Talking to yourself through others can work
wonders on the mind.
I think we say things to others as a message to
ourselves sometimes.
Those are usually much
better than some of the messages we send to ourselves.

lol ~ If that made any sense.

Look forward to seeing more of you around here.

Stay strong sweetie, and keep going!
Welcome again to the Crazy Group at SR! :-)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></B>

Old 02-04-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Why on earth am I so wide!! I haven't figure that one out! I also don't know how I got that cool looking silver bar in there either. More randoms from done I guess.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is because you are special......................Miss Done

Tre....Is your clinic detoxing you or did you just stop taking it? If you don't mind me asking, where you using heroin or oxy's? Could the clinic just take you down to 5mgs a day then lower until you are feeling better?
Old 02-05-2006, 03:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It will last forever... if you use again. Probably well into over a month to enjoy what it feels like not to 'be high' or sick.

Everyone says everyday gets better. Not true but time IS the only thing that makes us well again. I use to come here crying, hurting, so sick and weak... begging for someone to tell me when I would even feel remotely like myself.

Truth is, noone can tell you. Not even your Dr. We all detox differently. For me, I was in severe detox for well over three weeks. Yes, that long. See why I was like wtf? None of my days were getting better.

Then, one morning I woke up. It was very much like God had handed me a new body. I stood slowly and felt no weakness. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I caught a glimse of myself in the mirror and I smiled at me. I dont think I have ever smiled at me and said "you did it girl, its all over".

The coolest thing I have found being sober (Jan 17th cold turkey) is now being straight is like being high. Before, I could never get that feeling, despite my meds. I notice everything now. How cloudless the sky is, how my 5 yr olds neck smells when I hug him, I laugh from my heart now, not from my head, if that makes any sense.

When using, I thought it made me live more, harder, faster, better, all the ******** addicts tell themselves. I was missing the whole world go by and out of the 6 billion people on it, I didnt notice a single soul.

Thank God I must have a pretty good memory. That was my worst fear, getting clean and not remembering my children. Not the case.

Every day does not get better. Im not going to say it does because for me it didnt. I didnt think I was going to live through it but was willing to die trying than using. I am about the size of the average 7th grader and was eating Hydro like candy so my detox may have been very severe and I pray yours isnt. But, Im not going to tell you tomorrow will be better because it may not. I will tell you one day VERY SOON you will wake up feeling as if God has given you a new body... but it may not be tomorrow.

The despair of not knowing when I would be better ALMOST made me relapse because all I heard was 'everyday is better than the last' and that simply was NOT ringing true for me.

Just dont use... time will heal you, I promise. Even if today isnt better than yesterday, next week will be better and that you can take to the bank.

Some of us are long term thinkers. The one day at a time thing dont work in the beginning. We want our instant gratification: Im not using, I want to feel good dammit. This isnt fair. Then I realized, it took me 10 yrs to get this sick. Why would I think I would be well in 10 days?

I chose to walk alone, though I feel you are very wise to do a program. I feel everyone is. If I ever had the slightest urge, I would dash myself. God has relieved me of all of that and Im not stupid enough to go through witdrawal again so Im good for now. I honestly dont think I could do another w/d. **** bout killed me. LESSON LEARNED. That alone is pleeeenty enough to keep me clean.

Your man going too is awesome! I had/have no support from my family in getting off my meds. They thought and still believe, it is something I shouldnt have done. I personally apologize for their ignorance. I truly walked alone... all the while being told, 'take your meds and stop this stupid crap'. So while trying to get clean, my family was trying to shove pills in me. Pretty sad huh?

When your head is hanging in the toilet for going on hours and someone is standing behind you with a bottle of pills saying 'take them, the kids dont need to see you like this' it gets very frustrating. But, when noone was around I flushed 2 refills of 240 10/650 hydros and my husband didnt have them anymore to fan in my face.

Hind-sight 20/20... men created pills to shut women up. Of course he didnt want me clean.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks so Much

Thank you everyone for your support. I was only taking 10mg a day of methadone pills. I really thought it was under control but boy was I wrong. I totally feel better today despite the aches and pains. All your support really helps. Thanks again.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Velvet,
I wasn't on any Dr program at all. I was getting them from a dealer. Only 10mgs a day. It was just regular methadone (like people go on for heroin withdrawl). I was taking them for pain but soon found out it was not just for pain. I'm feeling better today though so thanks for the support.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

WOW ..thnx!!! This is a powerful post..and I am right there too..37 days(?) I still can't do numbers off 20 mgs methadone ...it doesn"t ever END...RECOVERY IS A JOURNEY>>NOT A DESTINATION....I take away the drugs..then I get to look at myself long and hard and look at the issues that I try to hide with drugs...boredom...self esteem..childhood crud..(now isn't THAT a fun one)..It is a alot of work but I truly believer that god or whoever wnats us to be mothers, fathers,friends and children in theis world...not dope fiends in pain!!!!Thanx everyone who posted here..POWERFUL STUFF.........