How it is going

Old 02-03-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How it is going

I've been here just reading and reading more on the What is recovery? forum but that's what I've been feeling I need for myself and to be understanding to what my AH is going through. He's been attending an outpatient program 2 nights a week for five weeks now. He's been abstinent of alcohol and cocaine for 9 weeks as far as I know. I've seen little victories in myself and him, but there is so much work to do. Sometimes I feel as if I continue to do more and then I stop and think that it is up to me how hard I work and I can't control how hard he works. He gave me permission to speak with the group counselor and that was good. We will be attending counseling together and seperately. I guess all in all things are progressing positively for me. If I choose to view it that way. I could wallow in what he may not be doing but he needs to get honest with himself. I'll choose to give him some slack, but I am hoping for the best while facing the reality. Recovery is super tough for us both. But I am grateful to God for what I've learned and shared and that I am not alone. So many things have happened since I last posted and I guess I just wanted to say things are moving along. I haven't felt like posting everything and feel kinda bad about that. I've had the opportunity to share with other family members at the treatment place and can say that I am so grateful to everyone here who did find the time to share their Experience, Hope and Strength. I wouldn't be where I am at without you guys. I've encouraged them to check it out, get to al-anon, read, learn...Yesterday I felt such peace, it was nice. I haven't had that in a whlie.
Thanks, SR family.

J