Notices

Withdrawl symptoms

Old 02-02-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawl symptoms

Hi

I just wanted to ask others about their experience of withdrawl symptoms from alcohol. I feel lousy but if it doesn't get any worse I think I can get through it. I'm sure these are withdrawl symptoms. It's late afternoon here and I had my last drink last night.

I'm shaking and hot, sweating, feverish with a stomach upset.

I'm drinking lots of tea but I feel too sick to eat anything.

Is there anything I can do to feel better today and will this get worse or better as the hours pass?

Thank you
Molly
xxx
Old 02-02-2006, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Molly,

You might want to check with your dr, but if not drink lots of water and juice. Basically listen to your body and feed it what it wants. Multivitamins can help, but mostly it's just a case of getting through this.

Congratulations on your decision!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Drink LOTS Of water... or even gatorade helped me. Nap when you feel tired and when you don't give your body some exercize. I took tylenol for the aches I got. I was shaking too, sweaty, moody as hell, angered at the drop of a pin.

Be gentle with yourself your body is clensing itself.

Do try to eat something healthy. Maybe a bowl of oatmeal or some soup?

Hang in there Spacegirl and remember this won't last forever.

Suga
Old 02-02-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Molly....

Look at "Quitting...what to expect" in Alcoholism.

not all the shares will apply to you...some will.

Keep in focus...
Old 02-02-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome Molly!
I am sorry you are not feeling well, been through that myself " a time or two". I would encourage you to see a doctor or look into a detox if you can.
Bless, Trish
Old 02-02-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Oh i didn't know about that thread Carol, thanks. I guess I just have to stay hydrated then. I had a sudden burst of energy and cleaned the kitchen just now. But now I feel weak and shivery again. I didn't know what to expect but I didn't feel this bad last time. Then again I'm drinking more now. I'm a bit worried about carrying hot drinks as we have a rabbit who runs about the place and I'm scared of dropping it on her because my hands are shaking. I think I might juice some tomatoes and carrots and make some vegetable juice to drink. If I have one more cup of tea I really will be sick. I haven't been sick for a few hours now anyway.

Thanks again. I'm going to make some juice and then go find that thread Carol.

Thank you again

Wish me luck! I'm feeling fairly upbeat strangely enough. Well, kind of.

Thank you
Molly
xxx
Old 02-02-2006, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Molly,

Hang in there, girl! Grab hold of that "fairly upbeat" feeling you're having. You're doing great.

The veg juice sounds like just the thing. Can you nibble on some toast or soda crackers?

Take care,
Jane
Old 02-02-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Molly, just about the only thing I could tolerate was pea soup, believe it or not. Also, avocado on toast. Stay with it girl, every hour gets you closer to feeling great. Hugs, Marilyn
Old 02-02-2006, 11:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well I've just spent ages making a vegetable stew, and managed a small bowl of that. I'm feeling a bit restless and bored so that helped. As did reading the thread that Carol recommended (thank you)

Not only that but when my boyfriend comes home from work tonight he's going to be AMAZED when he see's what I've done to the kitchen - Its been tidied, cleaned and scrubbed so much he'll need sunglasses to deflect the glare from all the clean polished surfaces!

I'd better make sure he's sitting down when I tell him that he's also got a huge dish of his favourite home-made vegetable stew on the table waiting for him!

I'm still feeling a bit sick and shaky but my heart lifts when I go into the kitchen and see how lovely it looks and imagine his face when he see's it. I've neglected the housework and cooking recently so he will be thrilled!

Thanks to everyone for advice and help. I don't want to go to the doctor or an AA meeting so this place is even more important to me as it's the only support I've got.

Day one and counting!!!

Molly
xxx
Old 11-28-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there hun. It will get better. Just had a hard WD a few months ago. Keep on keeping on. This to shall pass. Please dont use. You will be feeling so much better very soon. I promise. Keep praying and take hot baths and meditate.

Love you,
Michael
Old 11-28-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

old thread

D
Old 11-28-2008, 06:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi Spacegirl,

I was in your shoes a week ago and thought it would seemingly go on forever and that I would never find sleep again.

For me it was utterly horrible with the shakes, sweats, racing head, nausea, bursts of energy...etc... Water (sipping for me) and gatorade were staying down for the most part. A little vegetable broth I could tolerate on and off. Time wore on and I got physically better - Yeah! You will too!

Feel better soon & keep posting!!!! Day 1 is the start to many others!

Sincerely....

P.S. -- The only draw back with drinking gatorade (for me) are the sugars in it and with sleep being absent, it didn't allow me to really rest. I don't know if there are sugarfree drinks with the electrolytes your body needs????
Old 11-28-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am at day seventeen cold turkey and it is tough, especially with the holidays and friends and family around.

In a nut shell, I feel better in the morning and worse every evening. I eat too many snacks and desserts to replace the drinking.

There are some lo-sugar sports drinks offered by gatorade or a similar company that could be useful for all of us.... You have to actively look for them however...