what would you do if???? (sorry its so long)

Old 02-02-2006, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what would you do if???? (sorry its so long)

Hi everyone
You have all been so helpful everytime I ask a question so here is another. Please tell me what you think..
I have been in al-anon for a few months. We have started a small group that meet every week. There are really one 3 that always come. We live in a very small town. Well there is 1 person in the group that is ready to be a sponsor. She has been in the program for years. I will call her person A. The other person has been in the program for a few months longer than me. I like both of these people very much and have asked the one to be my sponsor. She said yes and is also sponsoring the other person (whom I will call person B). Well, here is the problem. I am getting the feeling that B does not like me hanging out with person A. She makes sure that I know that person A is her sponsor and that they talk everyday and go to meetings together all the time. She also, makes sure I know that she has been in the program longer. (she just did step 5 a week ago and I am doing it today) When we are at meetings and talking before and after the meetings I will say something to person B and she will talk but never looking at me this person only looks at person A and almost acts like I am not there. I feel like they are having a private conversation. Person A does not do that but B does. I have tried to reach out to person B but she has not returned my calls yet. I sent her an email asking out to lunch and she said that sounded good and would check her schedule and has never gotten back to me. I know she is busy and maybe she will contact me.
Ok please tell me what you think. Am I being a petty female? I feel like she is making sure that I know that person A is her sponsor and that I am to keep away. Am I being way to sensitive?? How can I let this go?? I really feel the need to be a part of this group and want both of these people in my life. I really like them both.. HELP!!!