Notices

being on paxil and trying to recover????

Old 01-31-2006, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question being on paxil and trying to recover????

hi...its emi77.....i have not used for 3 days.....i am happy for it. i take paxil and have been taking it for years for severe obssesive-compulsive disorder(duh) but i have no insurance right now. my prescription costs 180 amonth, so since i cant afford it i lower my dose myself so it will last longer. i know this is not smart but its the only way for me right now to not run out.....my doctor recently hooked me up w some free samples of paxil cr so im good for a lil while.....my question is this......for the last year i either been lowering my dose to make it last longer or skipping some days to make it last longer....could this have something to do w me going crazy in my head and not being able to stay clean......anyone have any experience in this????? thanks...emi77
Old 01-31-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm not sure but using paxil and using drugs and/or alchohol probably isn't a good idea. I would guess the paxil might not work correctly with the other drugs in your system.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went off Paxil cold turkey a couple of summers ago because I couldn't afford the prescription. It was the worst week of my life. I sweat, shook, my skin crawled and I was out of my mind. I finally had to go back on because I thought I was going to die. I always drank while taking anti-depressants. I never thought the alcohol and meds combos were bad until I started drinking while taking Celexa. It made me crazy manic and I could not get enough alcohol into my body quick enough. So yeah, the anti's can really mess with you big time.

As I read the last sentence it sounds like I am blaming the meds for my craziness when what I meant was that drinking with them caused the problems!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

You are being over charged. Talk to your doctor about generics, also ask for a pharmacy without a big markup. Your doctor may know how to help you get the better price. Please don't change a doctor prescribed dosage. These are the "national average prices for a 30 day supply.

PAXIL 20 MG TABLET Brand $97.80
PAROXETINE HCL 20 MG TABLET Generic Alternative $81.90

Alternatives in the same medication class
CITALOPRAM HBR 20 MG TABLET Generic $73.50
FLUOXETINE HCL 20 MG CAPSULE Generic $80.10

Remember to watch for major mood changes. And the use of alcohol/drugs with these medications is really not a good idea. Congratulations on 3 wonderful clean days. Stay strong and keep up the good work.

Be well.