Notices

I dumped a beer

Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I dumped a beer

I went and cleaned out my place the other day but tonight I found a beer in the bottom drawer of my refridgerator. I got it out and the thought of drinking it crossed my mind cause this night just sucks for me..

but I took it and dumped it in the sink. The smell got to me as I was dumping it and it was really hard but I admit that I really wanted to drink it..
but now I'm glad that I got rid of it.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Goodonya Dixie ! WTG!

When I was about 4 months sober, I had a major cleanout , and found 2 hidden stashes in my linen closet, and my spare room wardrobe ! I chucked them too!

Well done

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-30-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

i guess now my mind is playing tricks on me because I started thinking that i should have just drank it.

It is hard when I'm detoxing off of anything because that is the time when the cravings just seem the most intense. It is like the stuff is leaving the body , but the body is saying that it wants more.

i'll be so glad when I'm done with this detox thing. I'm just dragging myself by trying to deal with these body aches and weird feelings.

I feel shaky tonight. I'll be done with detox soon, and I'll be so glad.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by dixielove
I went and cleaned out my place the other day but tonight I found a beer in the bottom drawer of my refridgerator. I got it out and the thought of drinking it crossed my mind cause this night just sucks for me..

but I took it and dumped it in the sink. The smell got to me as I was dumping it and it was really hard but I admit that I really wanted to drink it..
but now I'm glad that I got rid of it.
You know dixie I am going to tell you the same thing my sponsor would tell me. Put that into your bank account because someday when you are faced with a similar experience you can look back and say yes I did it that time and I can do it again now...

YOU"RE doing great proud of you.

Love Vic
Old 01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
raerob

Put that into your bank account because someday when you are faced with a similar experience you can look back and say yes I did it that time and I can do it again now...
Good Job, Dixie!!! Vic...if I didn't know better, I'd think we had the same sponsor!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by raerob

Good Job, Dixie!!! Vic...if I didn't know better, I'd think we had the same sponsor!
Well when I got my sponsor and told him I was ready to work the step, he said that I needed this guy to do that. I thought that my sponsor didn't want me around anymore. He later explained that this guy was one of the best step sponsors around. Then when I got him and started working the steps, he introduced me to another guy that has 32 years of sobriety to sponsor me. I said I need three and they said "Vic you need all the help you can get " Now I see why LOL

Love Vic
Old 01-30-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
raerob

"Vic you need all the help you can get "
And, don't we all...don't we all!!!

Old 01-30-2006, 08:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by raerob

And, don't we all...don't we all!!!
Yep that is the truth you know for a long time I was thinking that I don't fit into a lot of things. Like taking Anti-D's when I know that I should. I had such false pride with my interferon shots that I would do it my way. 10 days ago my false pride and ego ended me up in the emergency room going nuts in my head. I told 5 people what my head was thinking, then they called in mid way crisis unit here. After they all left I sat in the hospital bed and I said God Help Me. You know I put that in my bank account knowing today that I need to follow directions, not to think that it is my way or the highway, and to learn that I too am mentally different than most normal people whatever that is. My saying is if you want normal there is only one place to find that it is a cycle on a washing machine not original but it is the truth.

Love Vic
Old 01-30-2006, 11:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WAY TO GO!!

That's a perfect beginning. Now what's your next step? Keep posting so we can keep cheering. I learned that it's really important to have this SR cheering squad.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

now I'm glad that I got rid of it.
Hold on to that feeling. It will grow and give you strength when an urge hits again.

I was thinking earlier today about clearing out my trash. Mostly empties, but I'm pretty sure I've got 1 or 2 unopened. I'll be doing the same thing. Donating them to my septic system.

Hang in there, it will get better.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
stillbitter

I threw away most of a twelve pack Sunday morning, after splitting a twenty pack and a twelve pack with my Dad on Saturday night. That was the last day I drank. Day three for me, it will get easier, but I've thought about digging that unopened beer out of my dumpster. But I won't do it though, 13 years of active (very active) alcolohism is enough. But I feel your pain, Dixie, keep in mind the physical part is almost over.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well done for dumping it! Hang in there.