Oh god what a tangled web I weave!

Old 01-30-2006, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh god what a tangled web I weave!

Well my b/f and I talked about moving out and I have decided to move out because I know he will not leave. So I guess I am apartment shopping.

And of course at the same time, new guy asked me out today and some how got my phone number. I said yes at first thinking it was going to ge a group setting. But then I read his email after he called me and boy did he sound way excited.

I changed my mind and called new guy right back and said that I could not go out on a date with him untill I am completely single. In the past we have hung out together in group settings and have expressed how attrctive we are to each other.

Anyways, I just can not deal with an emotional 3 ring circus right now. It was really hard for me but I did it. I feal scared that I will not have a chance to ever see this guy again. But I made a decision and I followed through and I feel much better. Well sorta. K
Old 01-30-2006, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LEARNING TO LIVE AGAIN

I think you did the right thing you have to get your head and feelings straightened out before you can move on. hope this helps
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job, don't want to go from one frying pan to the other.
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done. If he's man enough, he'll be patient. If he's not, you won't have to waste time finding it out. Decisions are difficult, but often bring great peace.

Stick with it, hon.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

bravo kitchu - the other guy will still be there if he's worth it. give yourself a big hug and a pat on the back.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think you have done the right thing. Dealing with two different emotions can cloud your judgement and prolong feelings that need to be felt and dealt with.

Bravo!!! and good luck in your apartment search.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Firm believer in closing one door before opening another......
Old 01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

echo-ing the others' responses

I don't think you're weaving a tangled web at all - sounds more like you're UN-tangling the web of your life - - and that's a good thing!

hang in there!

Blue
Old 01-31-2006, 09:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

I find it interesting when I have looked back at relationships that I was always "chosen"... I never picked. My lack of self-esteem DEMANDED that I grab every possibility, because inside I was afraid another, better chance would never come along.

I am married today, but that same behavior sneaks into other areas... choosing jobs... choosing friends... getting recognition. There is a faint desperation that still runs inside me. I wish I might have recognized it when I was younger, but I didn't. I recognize it now - so when I feel that faint desperation... I try to see it for what it is, and not let it masquerade as anything other than my own lack of self-esteem.

Like my other fears, I have control over this and it can be conquered... or at least quieted a little.

My experience may not apply to you at all. I believe you did the right thing - life is complex enough one relationship at a time. I wish you the best.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Another one here weighing in agreement!

Take care !
Old 02-01-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I needed to here your comments.
K