Notices

non-alcohol beer!

Old 01-27-2006, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

non-alcohol beer!

hey guys! Went bowling tonight! usually its a get drunk night! Tonight I had an odouls! You know the non-alcohol beer! Guess what. i am not drunk. I am still sober! yay for me! I love you guys! I can do this!!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

The stuff has alcohol in it.
not much...but it can cause a trigger if you are trying to quit.

Glad you had fun...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

To each his own. I'd get the sobriety down first.

My cousin has 19 years in. He and I have drank a couple O'Douls b 4.

To thine own self be true
Old 01-27-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I am not drunk. I had two Odouls. I haven't smoked any pot. I am at home playing a guitar I just bought. I start lessons Monday. So, I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying I had a Odouls. Really, the Odouls was just like water. I really didn't want any more than the two. I feel great not buzzed but really great.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Know what's even more like water, and is 100% risk-free?

Water.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

O no...I was not offended.

Often people who are trying to quit do nott know there is a trace in non alcoholic beer and wine.

If one is using Antabuse...you will become ill.

Personally...I do not drink or eat or smell booze willingly.
You do as you think right...
Old 01-28-2006, 04:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
raerob

Know what's even more like water, and is 100% risk-free?
Why in the world would anyone here be offended, if you want to play "head games" and Russian roulette with your sobriety? Why would you feel the need to drink anything that claims to be alcohol-free, when it really is not?

As a newly recovering alcoholic, I quickly learned in detox to start reading labels...you'd be amazed at the things that contain alcohol (even in teensy-tiny amounts)...toothe paste, mouth wash, cough meds, etc. Just a cautionary suggestion.

Old 01-28-2006, 04:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

There's been lots and lots of threads on this. My personal take is I don't drink NA beer. As mentioned it does have trace alcohol in it. It's also a little to close for comfort to me as I was a binge beer drinker. Just be careful k?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Is it true that orange juice has as much alcohol in it as non-alcohol beer? I really have a problem with substances. Not just alcohol. Not just Pot. I like to hide from life. I seek to create a sheild around my heart. Non-alcohol beer will not allow me to do that. On thursday I had cranberry juice and seven up! On Friday I had non-alcohol beer. With both of those drinks I achieved the same results. I came home sober. What works for me may not work for others. No one else came through my life but me. No one else switch from pot to beer from beer to jack from jack to coke from coke to beer from beer to pot. You see! Everyone has their own demons and pressure points. Mine happens to be any substance that gets me high and causes me to withdraw into my own little shell. Actually, any substance that causes me to not care about myself or others. Yeah, Any substance that could eventually cause me to not care about myself or others. Any substace that is intoxicating. My body likes being intoxicated. My spirit does not need that.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Open
That was a good post, we all have our own path to walk. I had problems with my earlier (1000 or so) times I tryed to stop drinking because I kept trying to moderate. And I tried nonalc beer without success, I wonder if the peoplel that make nonalc beer knew it would trigger my problem, sounds like a plot. Finally about 3 months ago I found this website, had a long talk to myself, and have been sober since. Even though I am sober, there are still issues in my life, but I seem to have learned sober ways to deal with them.
And it's better now.
I can go to a get together and not get drunk and offend others, I can have better conversations with people, and myself.
Good luck
Z
Old 01-28-2006, 11:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Open,
I'm glad you've found something which works for you!

One word of caution from me...however. I've got a buddy in AA who "fell off the wagon" 2 years ago. He swears up and down that drinking NA beer screwed him up. He started drinking NA beer, and eventually found that he'd pound back a 6 pack of NA beer in an evening... The jump to just drinking 1 "normal" beer wasn't to great for him then, and things went downhill pretty fast for him.
chip
Old 01-28-2006, 12:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
((( ONCE BITTEN, TWICE SHY )))

He Open,
You do what works for you at the time. If non alcoholic beer is going to be where you start, then so be it. For me personally, if I had a non-alcoholic beer, my next step woulb be the real stuff, thats why I choose complete abstinence.
Im glad you had fun, and keep up the music, its my personal passion as well.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! Jennifer
Old 01-28-2006, 12:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Do not be discouraged by others here that want to judge 'how sober' you are if you drink non alocholic beer. I drink O'Douls on occasion too. Personally, I know what my sobriety looks like, and having a non alcoholic beer does not take my sobriety away. Just my humble opinion. Good Luck!
JMHS
Old 01-28-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
raerob

There is no such thing as a non-alcohol beer!!! It's like being a little bit pregnant...no such animal!!! Case closed!!!

Old 01-28-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Heard recently in an AA meeting:

"Non-Alcoholic beer is for Non-alcholics".
Old 01-28-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
raerob

Originally Posted by FriendofBill
Heard recently in an AA meeting:

"Non-Alcoholic beer is for Non-alcholics".
How true! How true!

Old 01-28-2006, 06:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

it is still a trigger if you ask me you might as well drink leaded if you are going to test the rivers.

Love Vic
Old 01-28-2006, 08:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow. Hey, openforhelp, congratulations! A few others here seem to have forgotten to say that to you.
Sheesh.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by raerob
There is no such thing as a non-alcohol beer!!! It's like being a little bit pregnant...no such animal!!! Case closed!!!
Quick, raerob, how many NA beers @ 0.5% alcohol would a 150# person have to drink to be legally drunk (0.08 BAL) in California?
Old 01-28-2006, 09:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I discovered that Lemon and Lime syrup has 18% alcohol in it!!! Who would have thought? (heh heh, although the price should have been an indication)