Notices

feeling scared

Old 01-27-2006, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling scared

Hiya Everyone,
Lts Lisa Here, I Was Walking My Dog Today And I Wanted A Drink, If Someone Had Put It In Front Of Me I Would Of Taken It. I Know I Have A Long Way To Go. I Know I Have To Turn My Emotions Off When It Comes To The Opposite Sex. Please Tell Me To Back Off And Think Of Number 1. I Know 1 Drink Will Turn To 1o And I Will Feel So Bad And Such A Let Down, Please Tell Me It Gets Easier.
How Do I Play It Cool With This Person Without Geetting Emotionally Involved? Or Is It Wise To Back Off Completly? But He Was A Good Freind In Rehab. I Should Be Geetting A Sponser Sorted Out Tomorrow At One Of My Meetings. Please Give Me Some Advice.
Lisaxx
Old 01-27-2006, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
When we collide, we break.

Lisa,

It sounds like you already know what to do. Don't drink!!!! It's not easy but it is what's best for you. (((hugs)))
Old 01-27-2006, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Hey Lisa,

Yeah it does sound like you already know the answer to your question regarding the relationship. Talk to him if he's was also in rehab he knows too... set boundaries and stick to them together. If he's reluctant then maybe his priorities aren't on him either. He has to have himself be #1 priority just as much as you do.

Hang in there... the urge to drink sucks sometimes but you can stay sober. It does get easier it just takes time.

Suga
Old 01-27-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
raerob

How Do I Play It Cool With This Person Without Geetting Emotionally Involved? Or Is It Wise To Back Off Completly? But He Was A Good Freind In Rehab. I Should Be Geetting A Sponser Sorted Out Tomorrow At One Of My Meetings. Please Give Me Some Advice.
My best advice to you...no relationships for the first year!!! Advice I was given...thought I was too smart to take...got involved with another patient in the detox/rehab...and it cost me my sobriety and emotional stability after four months without a drink!!! It was back to detox/rehab and a serious, relationship-free commitment to meetings, program and recovery!!! I learned to take suggestions from others who knew better because they had been there/done that.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you here...Welcome!