First stages

Old 01-26-2006, 09:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First stages

I’m sorry that my last post was a rant. I’ve been having trouble knowing where to begin. I have hundreds of stories and questions. I came here because I felt on the verge of bursting. I am a student living in a tiny dorm room with an AH boyfriend. Just saying that out loud makes me flinch at the thought of so many hands reaching out to slap me in the face, wake me up, tell me that I’m so young or something along those lines. (my friends have said this, said this again and then stopped talking) I am looking for something in between letting go and holding on. Does something like this exist? Porbably not, i know. We have been together for four years (since we were 18). He’s been drinking for a few months (sipping false confidence in order so that he may write his books) in which every day is worse than the one before it. This has just begun. The present is managable but the future is not.
I am unsure of how i should handle these first stages.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I found some of the answers I was looking for in Alanon which has made me understand that I can only look after myself and let others(alcoholics or not)decide for themselves. I didn't cause it, can't control it, can't cure it. i have to learn how to love myself and repsect myself. I have also learnt at Alanon and on this site how much the disease has affected me. Alanon has been my safe place to be. Love Jo
Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Christine, Welcome to SR, I deceided to check to see how new you are, your profile comes up, but when I click on your posts, it cannot bring up this one, then I went to member list and could not find you.?????
Perhaps try to reach a moderator, maybe go to AA site and ask Doug.