Notices

Can't believe it is day 1 again...

Old 01-24-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Can't believe it is day 1 again...

Hi all my many friends here,

Knock some sense into my head. As usual, I am obsessing having had the last drink last night. Didn't wreck myself but I can use all the support I can get today to stay glued to my office and out of trouble.

Thanks,
Gianna
Old 01-24-2006, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Gianna don't ever give up! The fact that you're here is a wonderful sign!! Over the past 2 years I have had more Day One's than I can count. I am now on day 14. You can do it!! Just get through today, and tomorrow is Day Two!! Let's hear from you tomorrow with good news!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Gianna,,

Just know that we are here for you!!

So what are you going to do tonight different?? Do you go to any meetings? Do you have any phone #"s? Do you have any extra support other than SR? SR is great, but when you are really on the edge, sometimes you need more than SR.. I do hoep that you have something.

But, we are here for you. We will help hold you up, until you can hold yourself up..

Hang in there.. Keep posting..
Keep praying, god is listening to you..

Love and prayers,
Becky
Old 01-24-2006, 08:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Day 1 is better than Day zero!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

Hello, and welcome back!! So what happened, if you don't mind my asking? I won't throw stones - promise. Just wondering. Was it a trigger or just boredom or something? No worries. Keep your head up.

Have a cup of hot chocolate - you'll feel better.

Big hugs,
Old 01-24-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HI gianna... Glad your back here and alive to talk about day 1.. Many don't make it back..

I have been sober for 25 years - a day at a time.. I can only share with you what worked for me plus millions of other people too.. You can stop this day one over and over if you are ready to get off your hinny and take some action.

This disease is progressive.. Often times we keep drinking until we reach a point where we simply cannot stop.. Its an addiction. It gets ahold of us good.. Its called cunning, baffling and powerful.. Sounds like you are seeing that.

If your alcoholic there are only 3 ways out out of this thing.. Get locked up, get covered up or get sobered up.. I was locked up quite a few times, nearly covered up a couple of times and finally sobered up..

I can only share what worked for me and countless others.. I got to AA meetings.. I got the Big Book (alcoholics anonymous).. I read it from the beginning thru Chapter 1.. At that point I realized I definately fit. I was an alcoholic.. Chapter 2 is titled "There Is A Solution".. I wanted to know the solution - so started reading again..

I became willing to go to any lengths. I started taking the suggestions from those who had what I wanted.. They told me I had to do what they did. Go to meetings, read the book, get a sponsor and start working the steps..

So, if you have become willing to go to any lengths and you want what we have.. then I pass on what was told to me.. You have to do what we do.. No easier, softer way. No thinking we are special, different or unique... Make the choice to live and get to a meeting..

Is it worth it??? its MORE than worth it. You have no idea what a wonderful life awaits you.. You never have to drink again or feel this way again..

Linda C.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Gianna)))))

It is OK, sometimes a slip will throw us deeper into working our program it is not at all a bad thing. Get on up, dust yourself off and get into action. One thing also if you need an extra strong seat belt for the bus you can have mine it seems to be doing me and a few others some good. Hold on tight and put away the club. Sending good thoughts your way.

Love Vic
Old 01-24-2006, 09:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dan

Dear friend...
How unmanageable is drinking making your life, this time around?
Are you noticing a progression, say, in the last two years?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

let me work backward on this:

after 28+ years, and lots of sober time, being at the beginning of the "baby-boomers" and thinking of all THAT WE HAVE NOT DONE with our lives, together with the seasonal bad mood of January has put me in a major funk.

Becky! Sometimes just knowing people are paying attention helps!

Daddysgirl29: Never having accepted the notion that "I cannot drink" is the problem here.

VIC: I consider you a "pal" in this. Thanks for your message of hope...

Dan...progression is probably a misnomer. That I prefer to go down (read "easier") pathways is more to the point. I need to make changes in my life, like YESTERDAY, and I am overwhelmed sometimes with the complexity (and effort) of it all.

Prof9000: yup- I did keep "control" last night-not a good thing because it implies I will keep "control" the next time. I wouldn't bet on it anymore than I would bet against the Steelers in the Superbowl, even though my heart is with Seattle.

Linda C.: Bless you that you stuck with sobriety. If I had not had that glass of Champagne 9 years ago I would have had 22 years...Meanwhile back at the ranch, chunks of self-esteem fly off like tiles off the Space-Shuttle.

CarolD: you are SO right! If I go dancing tonight the first hurdle will be done...

Garsh: Day 14!! Let's hang in there together...

Gianna
Old 01-24-2006, 10:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gianna,
Hang in there girl and know that you have us for support.

Be extra gentle with yourself today.

((( Gianna )))
Old 01-24-2006, 01:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thank you hopealwayz,

I forget about that part about being gentle on yourself; I always assume everyone but me is perfect...

Gianna
Old 01-24-2006, 01:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning (((((((Gianna))))))))

You can do it , you know you can g/f

You know, something I heard shared at a meeting when I was about 5 months sober, really struck a note with me, and helped me accept that could NOT drink.

An oldtimer whom I really respect, and who has QUALITY sobriety with a capital Q, said

You can do ANYTHING in this life , except drink alcohol, that leaves an aweful lot you CAN do.

How true is that my friend ?

Hang in there Luvya

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-24-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gianna,

You're here and that's the best thing you can be doing. I'd ask you to be kind to yourself too and keep posting.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hang in there gianna! day 1 will soon be a memory in your days of happiness
Old 01-24-2006, 09:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I don't have any magic answers. Were you at a meeting when you decided to drink?

Aa revolves around my life I try not to revolve around it lest I fall off. What problem did you think a drink would solve?

There's a line that says willing to go to any lengths. There's nothing back out there in a bottle for me. I tried for 30 years to find my answer there and I couldn't
Old 01-25-2006, 03:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Don't ever give up. You didn't lose the sober time you're already having, imo. So it's not day 1 again. You just slipped a bit, you got back on the wagon again, you'll learn from it, hang in there!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Chy

((((Gi)))).... I'm glad your still trying. Be strong!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hang in there (((((Gianna))))).

Its not a question that I CAN'T drink in the sense that I am fobidden by someone or something external. For me its "knowing" that drinking puts me in pain and finally death. It no longer provides me an escape and I no longer need or want an escape.

Praying with you gianna.

Kevin
Old 01-25-2006, 01:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(((( Gianna ))))
Love you ! We all do the best we can on any given day, you know? I've been struggling myself lately. Keep your head up, your not alone.
Prayers, Trish
Old 01-25-2006, 02:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Nogard, Miracle, Chy, BSPGirl, Captainzing2000, ((((51Anna)))), ((((Lee)))),
android;

Didn't make it today but maybe tomorrow thanks to all of you. Dear friends.

Off to dance,
Gianna