She Drinks Again

Old 01-24-2006, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She Drinks Again

Well...as predicted my wayward wife is drinking again. As you know, I rescued her at Christmas, got her in to to a surgeon to fix her ankle...sent her home to her parents.

Well she came back to our home town for another date with the courts and another operation. She started drinking on the plane and is off to parts unknown with her rehab lover again. This loser is still a very active alcoholic and just beat his wife when she confronted him about my wayward wife calling him.

Oh well.....her life continues to spiral down. No bottom yet...just plateaus.

She is in the hands of God.....or as I said earlier, the grip of the devil!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

It's time to let go.
When will the divorce be final?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Time to Let Go

Hi Jazz,

Yep...time to let go. I have lived up to everthing in the separation aggrement. Should be able to get my divorce in about eight more months.

Nothing I can do for her. SHe had her best chance for real recovery back home. But she was dry drunk there. Planned before she ever started drinking again to hook up with her loser rehab lover before she even got on the plane.

She suppose to be in court today. I hope they trow the book at her!

She supposedly has an appointment with her doctor tomorrow. I wonder how she will get there? I wonder if loverboy will be there?

I am tempted to be there. I would really like to get my hands on him! He likes to beat on women.....I lwould like to let him try it on me!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

This a prime example of why being forced into rehab doesn't work it stirs up a rebelion in them that none of us can stand up to only they can and they have to want it...
Old 01-24-2006, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

the saying from al-anon - "more will be revealed" comes to mind here. sorry to hear that she has yet to reach her bottom. glad you used the words "tempted to be there" and not "i will be there". keep moving forward guy - hugs to you and your kids for continued peace. i hope someday she finds sobriety.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stop wondering and let go! I wish you the best!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sometimes I use to plot out what revenge I would get on my ex-abf...

BOY Im glad now that I did not do any of those things. I would check up on him all the time, where he was, who he was with etc.... Let it go Guy... it will only eat at your insides and bring your thinking down with her. That is why I would advise no contact if at all possible and I did all I could not to do the check up thing with him. Though I was not good all the time, the longer away from it the less I did it the better my life got and my attitude.

*hugs* take care of you and yours..
Old 01-24-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Guy, I am so sorry to hear all this, really hard stuff.
All I can say is I think of you often. Please keep posting, as it helps to vent here and also here you are not alone. Keep making your meetings, Enjoy your childern, and hang on. HUGS
Old 01-24-2006, 08:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Guy,
Its so disappointing when this happens.
Ive gotten to the point where I allow myself no
expectations for D. I can have expectations for myself
but when I have them for him, it just sets me up to get hurt.
Sounds like she isnt ready. As for her new man who likes to hurt her,
dont own that issue, its not yours and you can not do anything anout it if she
wont do anything about it.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Guy)))......you are all in my prayers.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

At times I wonder how you know certain details about her schedule, where abouts and habits. If you're snooping or checking up on her via mutual "freinds", you need to stop. You will only make yourself crazy.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree Jazz ...... Guy knows far more than he needs to know about his ex-wife at this point.

Guy, you are not detaching here at all and you certainly aren't setting any boundaries.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ok... Now why did I just not come out and say it...

But yep, you dont need to know all this for your safety/sanity... I just beat around the bush too much some times.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The news follows me

She told me when she was coming back into town, her court date, her surgery date etc.

The other mans wife called me when she found my wifes number on her phone. We have develped some kind of friendship through this maddness. The OM beat his wife when she confronted him about his relationship with my STBXW.

My STBXW former roomate called me with other details.

I did not request the information, did not go look for the info. Complete no contact is not possible because of the kids.

Anyway.....my wife, then one I knew is gone. There is now only an alcoholic who is slowly committing suicide.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

*hugs*

Im sorry your hurting.... I know with the kids its alot harder too, maybe the next time they call you just let them know that your ex is not a topic up for discusson.

Im sure your going to hear things anyway because you have children together... but its always one thing after another with them and it keeps us on that roller coaster ride as well, that is the part I would like to see you get away from... just some space to heal is all.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

This is very sad and painful for you. I'm so sorry that you and your kids have to go through this.

Prayers for you, your kids, and your wife, who is fighting a battle for her life, whether she realizes it or not.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Complete no contact is not possible because of the kids.
I think you could keep her from them as well they don't deserve to be dragged thru her stuff either...no?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Hey guy...take the energy you're focusing on her and put it into yourself and your girls. And when anyone calls that's associated with her other than an attorney representing her in the divorce (if there is one), hang up. They'll get the message. As long as you know her ups, down and outs, you're still connected with her disease. Even divorced, you will still be dragged into her life if you don't completely sever the ties. The sooner the better.

A P.S. here...just saw the post above mine. Why do you insist on keeping her and the girls connected? IMO, their hopes will be lifted when they get to see her and than blasted to pieces when she doesn't keep in touch or keep visitation dates.

Blessings
Old 01-24-2006, 12:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry - It's so difficult to watch, I know, it's difficult to accept that the person you married is just gone. My thoughts are with you.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Getting busy living!

Hey Guy, I'm so sorry. Focus on your girls and yourself. Your wife is gonna do what she's gonna do and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't forget about your girls or yourself, ever! What's going on sucks but take it as an opportunity to allow you and your girls to become even more close. ((((hugs)))) to you all.