What to do?

Old 01-22-2006, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy What to do?

I sometimes write on the nar-anon and sometimes here it depends what my H is doing. Well I just don't know what to do. I just had a talk with him about maybe returning home. Since we separated about 5 weeks ago I have tried to live as a single parent. I am in school full time and I am also trying to find a job. I am in town where i have no family and don't really know anyone; I have 2 children who are 12. i was offered a job from4-midnite. i dont want to leave my children alone for that amount of time as they I feel are at a very cruicial age. so i asked my H to come back home. He has been going to see a counsellor for his drug and alcohol problems. but he has been drinking once a week since he left. I tried to call him this afternoon but he went out last nite and has yet to return to the place he is staying. I love my H very much and this separation has been very hard. but i am starting to feel ok without him around. i need him more to look after the kids and to find a job as i have been looking after the mortgage, loans, rent and so on, on a very limited budget. He does not ever drink or do drugs around the kids. ever. they have never seen there dad drunk or high. so my dilema is do i take him back? it was my suggestion. but i ams so mad that he went out last nite and has returned. but its what he does right? he says he wants to be clean and sober. he tells me this almost everyday over the phone. Should i just cut him off totally and let him feel what it is really like to lose everything and everyone? so far though we are not together he knows i am waiting for him and taking care of everything. i just don't know what to do? i am so confused about everything. a little advice or anything would be great. thanks. I hope i am making sense.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not to be flip

but you can't even ask him until he gets in from his drinking last night. I would find someone to watch the kids, maybe there is a college kid or an elerly lady or a high school student that neds a place to live for watching them.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

First of all Id like to give you a pat on the back on balancing a job, 2 kids ,and school. I know that is really hard to do and very stressful at times. I know money is tight, but where there's a will theres a way.

As far as letting your husband come back thats toally up to you, but my opinion is just because he is only drinking once a week doesnt mean that he is going to stay that way. I know its hard to make decisions when you love someone, but you have to do what is best for you and your kids. It really sounds llike your trying. Keep up the good work and stay strong.