Notices

I want a drink

Old 01-22-2006, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want a drink

I want a drink bad. I havent drunk anything since my first and only post here a while back, maybe two weeks now. Reasons for not drinking since then are not enough spare money to buy the stuff, feeling guilty because it hurts my wife aparently, not reallt having an oportunity to do it. Reasons I want to are becasue my wife is driving me crazy. She hs so many dam issues and she cant turn them off. She over whelms me with this constant crap and I cant take it. Im always doing something wrong and she is so dam sensitive I always get an overreaction to what I do. Now Im not perfect, and I have casused a lot of problems in this relationship and I am passive agressive and that is a deadly thing in a relationship but I know despite what she tells me that its not all me. She has ways of provoking me into certian behaviors. She is too dam reliant on me to bolster her up when she is feeling bad, to reassure her and step in when it gets too much. I want somebody that can think for them selves, somebody that can take control and deal with ****. I want her to be able to understand the fact that im never going to be this fkn perfect guy around her and that im going to make mistakes now and in the future.
I feel like I married more than I can handle, im not suited to constantly dealing with issues and feeling depressed, i want to go out and enjoy my self have fun and party. I work dam hard and i need to relax sometimes. I feel like she is choking the life out of me sometimes, she's dragging me down with her depression. She says if i change then she will feel better and things will get better between us. I try and its good oneday and then the next she will find something else to bitch and moan about something else I have done wrong or something that is wrong in her life. I cant live like this supporting somebody so dam negative with out a drink every know and then.
phew. i feel even more ****** now
let me put a fake smily face in here to show you that im really happy and content with your constant need for attention and reassurance.

wooo im happy baby everythings all right everybody has issues and ill always be here to absorb them for you and make you feel better!
Old 01-22-2006, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by Asphlembler
I want a drink bad. I havent drunk anything since my first and only post here a while back, maybe two weeks now!
Good for you for not drinking for two weeks, thats quite an accomplishment!

When I decided I wanted to stop drinking I had to seperate that as best I could from my other problems and relationship issues. If I wanted to get sober I couldnt make it about other people it had to be all about me and what I wanted. Just like if I slipped up and drank I couldnt put that on other people, well, unless someone help me down and forced me.
(Ha Ha, just realized I have had a million excuses why I drank, but never that one, haven't herard anyone else use it here either!)

I cant give you any advice about you relationship issue other than drinking wont solve anything, just make it worse, because you will have to take the blame for everything being the bad drunk guy. At least sober you have a chance of making decisions about how to improve your life.

Hope to see you here more, and again good for you for 2 weeks
Old 01-22-2006, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Great share, Asphl! Great reply, Ash! You folks got it goin' on!

I can only add that there is no situation so bad that a drink won't make it worse.

Every day sober is a victory, no matter what.

Asphl, get to AA.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A Cherokee Indian elder was teaching this grand children about life. He said to them, " A fight is going on inside you, It is a terrible fight between two wolves.

One wolf represents fear, anger, envy sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, quilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.
The children thought about it for a minute, and then one child asked his grandfather, " Which wolf will win? "

The old Cherokee elder replied simply, " The one you feed. "