It's me jet again

Old 01-19-2006, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jet

It's me jet again

Hi, Some of you's got it wrong when I said that I pray to god to give my husband a sign to make him stop his drinking. I don't want anything to happen to him. With me praying to god for a sign I mean a sign to help him think about what he is doing to himself and me. Well maybe my prayers got alittle answer. Today he told me that he doesn't want to call or see his ex brother- in- law because all he will want to do is to go out and drink. He said that he can't do that anymore and that all he would like to do is have a couple over the weekend. Could this be a start that he has finally made up his mind that he doesn't want to quit drinking but cut down alot because he knows what can happen if he doesn't. I know he likes a beer to relax. But I also know that to many is not good either. I told him this morning I know and I told him that I wasn't going to keep after him about it. If that's what you want to do its okay with me and I'll see you later. Hopefully he'll soon stop all together. He knows what can happen it someone who drinks. His nephew just got out of the holding center for being stupid with drinking at the age of 20. I hope he realizes before its too late. Jet
Old 01-19-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

that all he would like to do is have a couple over the weekend
Based on the above quote, it doesn't sound like he has any intention of giving up alcohol to me. Just another form of denial on his part. I don't think this was the sign you prayed for. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My AF told me when i met him, that he used to go out all the time and drink and drive..was picked up for DWI. Now he doesn't go out anymore, he slowly started drinking everynight after work 7days a week, then he cut it just to the weekends. But now he doesn't go anywhere.. hes a closet drinker now. he did just drink on the weekend for awhile, and had withdraws all week long. But i saw him slowly going back to his old patterns, not going out. but drinking every day. i'm not seeing him anymore. well i haven't talked to him in about two weeks, but i;'m going to tell him if he wants to get together, when hes not drinking, then we can visit.. But i do not believe that will ever happen, we will see.. he pretty much lives to drink. and there's nothing i can do.. its sad.. but it's a reality... i'm hoping someday, he will wake up.. but i can't wait anymore. but i hope the best for you.