Notices

Hi Everyone

Old 01-17-2006, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A new day, A new person

Hi Everyone

I'm new to these forms and wanted to say Hi to everyone and introduce myself. GuyverOne is my call sign, it came from a japanesse anime collection I enjoy, but my real name is Mike. I am an addict. I came to this site to find answers to the many questions swimming around in my head. My clean date is 5-5-05, this is my recent date due to relapseing. I live in an area where getting to meetings are quite a distance away, and I don't wish to get unplugged. A friend suggested online meetings, so here I am.
To give a little history of myself: I am a father of 3 boys and a husband to a great woman. I have had problems with Meth, alcohol, pain pills, and a bad additude. About 8 years ago I checked myself into a rehab for subtance abuse and had a clean run for about 3 to 4 years before I relapsed. I lived in that relapse for about 4 years, when I had marriage problems and I went to a counsilor and she pointed out that I was in a relapse. I now go to that counsilor twice a month to talk and I go to meeting again. With meeting being sparce up here where I'm at I figured I would give this a chance.
So with that, I just want to say Hi to everyone, and thanks for the postings they help alot.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mike!

Welcome to SR, it's a great place to come for advice or simply hang out and share whatever's on your mind. I am 18 days sober now and I'm relatively new to this forum too. The posters have been nothing but helpful, warm and friendly. I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit here. My bf has a problem with meth and alcohol but these days he's laying off them and just smoking pot. I believe to conquer one evil you have to give them all up. please share your experiences. I really don't want my bf and myself to lose each other due to all these influences.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! I am brand spankin new myself, and this looks like a cool place to hang. Hope to hear more from you in the future!