Notices

C/T and sick/scared...

Old 01-17-2006, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

C/T and sick/scared...

Hello:

I am a newbie. I dragged myself to the computer hoping to find some comfort/support. Im addicted to RX hydrocodone and have decided to stop after researching the meds.

50 miligrams a day was my dose. Never cheated, never felt high, was too stupid to know you could get high. Was too stupid to know I could become addicted.

My Dr understood my wanting to get off of it and I am now on Ultram (tramadol) because of legit-cronic pain. Does this sound right to any of you?

I feel really bad, Im in day 2. Its hard because my family keeps trying to push my meds down my throat saying 'youre sick because you arent taking you meds'. I DONT WANT TO BE AN ADDICT, even if only physically.

I feel lost, scared, sad, sick, confused and I dont know when I will feel better. I suppose that is what Im asking. How bad is this going to get and for how long.

Also, does it make sense to switch from Vicoden to Ultram? One is a narcotic and the other isnt, right? Im sorry Im so stupid when it comes to drugs, Im actually a very intelligent girl.

I hope to hear from ya'll soon and make a few friends. Im really alone and scared right now. NOONE has any idea what Im going through and all I hear is go take your meds and you wont be sick. It makes me mad. It is like saying go jump off a cliff and you wont have to pay your mortgage.

Is any of this making sense to anyone else but me?

Old 01-17-2006, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beachbabe
NOONE has any idea what Im going through and all I hear is go take your meds and you wont be sick. It makes me mad. It is like saying go jump off a cliff and you wont have to pay your mortgage.
I hear ya, Beachbabe.

Hydrocodone is VERY addicting and, I'm sorry to say, Ultram can be, too. Others who have struggled with Ultram will be along soon to share. As far as the Hydrocodone, I can tell you that it will be from 3-7 days of flu-like symptoms - aches, hot/cold, sweats, insomnia, the runs, runny nose, and so on. It is miserable, but it does pass. I recommend hot baths, Ibuprofen and exercise if you can manage it.

Please stick around, read and post more. You'll find lots of help and support here. Welcome to SR. Glad you're here.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Not too long but longer than you may want.

Just hang tuff, you will be OK, in a little time.
Not sure how long you on tha stuff, and why 50 MGs a day?

sounds like alot for a day. I too suffer cronic P, went to ultram after detox,
Now all I take is Ibuprophen. I was a 5 year idiot, last few months was takin 60
to 100 MGs a dose, bout 5 times a day prior to detox.

I dont have much time right now, "on lunch" but if you can,,, Stop the Hs, it will get better. Hope to hear from ya later!

holla
Old 01-17-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was a 7 yr idiot which is why the dose sounds high. I feel so stupid, ashamed, sick, weak, everything IM NOT.

I was taking 1 10/650 every 4 hours. My Dr Rx'ed 5 a day for bad days but rarely would I wake up in the night in enough pain to take any. I thought I was being a good girl lol MY GOD! Like clockwork, I took my meds. Same time, same amount everyday. I actually thought I was being good to do this.

3-7 days... Thank God my profession will allow this. I imagine so many of you had to go to work like this. I cant even stay out of the bathroom long enough to do anything.

Stop the Hs? I dont know what Hs is. *embarrased* But if it will help me. or others I'll stop for damn sure... just tell me what it is.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile sorry

Originally Posted by Beachbabe
I was a 7 yr idiot which is why the dose sounds high. I feel so stupid, ashamed, sick, weak, everything IM NOT.

I was taking 1 10/650 every 4 hours. My Dr Rx'ed 5 a day for bad days but rarely would I wake up in the night in enough pain to take any. I thought I was being a good girl lol MY GOD! Like clockwork, I took my meds. Same time, same amount everyday. I actually thought I was being good to do this.

3-7 days... Thank God my profession will allow this. I imagine so many of you had to go to work like this. I cant even stay out of the bathroom long enough to do anything.

Stop the Hs? I dont know what Hs is. *embarrased* But if it will help me. or others I'll stop for damn sure... just tell me what it is.

Hs short for hydro's "hydrocodone" not sure on spelling, never really cared how
ta spell it, size and quantity, thats all that concerned me.

So ya been takin as prescribed for 7 years, and no high's. then you shouldn't
have very bad psychological W/Ds, but 7 years will give you physical W/Ds and how!

Let me re read your posts rite quick and I'll be back
Old 01-17-2006, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile try this

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...one-83250.html

Try this link for now and read around here,

But you will do some suffering quitting cold turkey, although the ultram should help.

keep us posted and ask whatever question U want.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks!

I will let ya'll know how it goes. Of course right now is pretty rough but I trust in your words of encouragement... everyday gets better.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile Ok, Bb.

how's it goin? Like I don't have a clue.
I will tell you a secrete,, the suffering lightens when you talk about it.

holla
Old 01-18-2006, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Beach Babe, I'm right here with you. Second day of detox form Vicoden and xanax. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Just be strong, take hot showers and keep your mind busy. We CAN do this....there are other ways to control pain than narcotics....multiple sclerosis is very painful for me but nothing is more painful than blackouts,moodswings,forgeting to do things...that is where vicoden will take you if you let it.....
Old 01-18-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Beachbabe!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lord God in Heaven, when is it going to get better. Yesterday was actually Ok. I went out and got some stuff done but noticed a little tinkling in my throat like a cold was coming on. Wake up this morning and feel WORSE than the first day. No more poo's or puke but more like the flu.

Do I have the flu or is this all part of withdrawal? If it is, does this mean Im nearing the end? When will I know what it feel like to be sober AND NOT SICK!

Im starting to get really pissed and beat up over the whole thing. IM MAD.