Worried things are going to the next step!

Old 01-13-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worried things are going to the next step!

Well, here I was thinking that SO was just putting along not getting any worse, but not any better either. I had two appointments after work yesterday and wasn't going to get home till after 8:30pm. SO was supposed to have some sort of meeting at work from 7pm till 9 or 10. Well, he was home when I had gotten there! To make a long story short, the night before, he had DRIVEN about a mile down the road to a drinking buddies house to record music, and came home TRASHED! (note that he has for 4 years been adamet about NOT drinking and driving) so that is something that supprised me, and then he told me he didn't go to his meeting because he wasn't feeling well. That he came home from work at 10am cause he had diahrea. That his boss told him that he "didn't look good" when he came in to work. I am thinking that he was just so hung over from the night before. (I know this has happened before, so now I am starting to see him missing work) But you know, he still drank his 1/2 a fifth!
I'm worried this is starting to get worse!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Its not starting to get worse. It is worse.

Its a progressive disease, it is impossible for it to stay the same. If its not arrested, the "yets" become reality.

Acceptance is the only true answer. I am in the same boat as you. Lets row to shore together.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Cup,
We always hear, "alcoholism is a progressive disease." Yup, we know that. Seeing it is a totally different thing, isn't it?! It's surprising, it's scary, and it's all too real. I read on the AA site today that there are many different types of As, but the one thing they all have in common is that it is does progress. ((hugs))
Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks TG!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Unfortunately, it is worse and will continue unless he tries to get some help. I am sorry you are seeing this. I hope he doesn't lose his job, but we don't know what his bottom is. What will it take for him to stop and get some help, etc?
Old 01-13-2006, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oops