Notices

Question on Alcohol

Old 01-11-2006, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question on Alcohol

Im not a heavy drinker, ive only been drunk a handful of times in my life. Last weekend I drank around 8-10 shots and blacked out. Im not dehydrated but my mind feels slower, as of right now its only been 4 days since but I want to know if this is permanent. Could anyone answer this? I can only assume that I fell because my face is scarring all over my left side but I dont believe I have any symptoms of brain damage. If someone could answer this it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi i dont think in my opion that you have any long term effects but if your real worried go seee the family doctor and that will ease your mind.But well your thinking of that i can tell you from my own experience that drinking like that will get you hurt in the long run,so take care..
Old 01-11-2006, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I agree, go see a dr if you wanna be sure, do you know the reasons why you drank that much that night?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by Waterkid
but my mind feels slower, as of right now its only been 4 days since but I want to know if this is permanent. Could anyone answer this? I can only assume that I fell .
hi Waterkid,
Welcome to SR.
If you fell is there a chance you have a concusion?
Otherwise, I can say I dont believe you get permanent brain damage from one blackout, but we are all different. 8 -10 shots is quit a bit depending on you body weight, also quite a bit if you dont drink much.
Hope you feel better soon, and stay away from the blackouts, scary dangerous stuff they are.
Take care