Notices

14days clean!!! My story.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Thumbs up 14days clean!!! My story.

Hello all recovering addicts, my name is Adam and I am new here. I would like to share my story with you guys and I want to be a part of your community.

About a week before Christmas I realized my life had become unmanagable. I knew I Had to come clean to my Wife, her family (who had no idea that I used), and my Mother and Brother. I decided I would wait until the day after Christmas to do a self-intervention. I told on myself to my Wife (who is a recovering heroin addict and has 6 years and 3 months clean). Then I got into full self-help mode. I needed to goto the emergency room on the 27th for the horrible withdrawal. I was withdrawing from oxycontin and morphine pills. The doctor at the ER looked at me and treated me like I was a piece of dirt. Anyway, he gave me a script of Clonidine to help with the cravings and I smoked pot that night for the last time. On the 28th I got myself into a detox/rehab. They detoxed me for 5 days on methadone and valium and then sent me to rehab (on the same campus). I would talk to my wife on the phone everyday and she couldn't sleep without me. She had also told me my son who is 18months old was pulling the hair out of his head (he was so disturbed that I was missing). He knew that daddy wasn't around. To make a long story short I got discharged from rehab very early because of the problems with my family. I hit a meeting that night, and I start intensive out patient counseling this coming thursday. I am very peaceful right now. My head is clear and I'm going to another meeting tonight. I got my white keytag on friday and the people at the meeting were very friendly. I also got a phone list and am currently looking for a sponser.

So thats it for now. 14days clean and it feels AMAZING. I can think straight again. When my son wakes up from his nap he and I will go to the park and play. Life is good right now, I know I'm riding the "pink cloud" and I know what to do if i get down in the dumps. Everyone has been VERY supportive of me.

Also, if you have any questions about me just post here and ask me... my life is an open book.
Looking forward to talking to everyone here,
Adam sorry for posting this here and in the NA forum
Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Adam)))))

Welcome again and we are glad that you are here. This is usually a lot busier here so you should get a lot of responses and welcomes here so glad that you took the time to post here too. KCB and keep posting.

Love Vic
Old 01-10-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Thank you for such POSITIVE feedback... i need it now. Tommorow actually in 17mins I will have 15 days! feeling great... time to sleep.

Love you all,
Adam
Old 01-10-2006, 08:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Any time Adam you ever need to talk you can PM me it is under your user name or email me. If you ever just need to talk about anything feel free to get a hold of me. This is a WE Program and that is HOW IT WORKS. I am sending good thoughts your way.

Love Vic
Old 01-11-2006, 01:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
raerob

Welcome to SR, Adam...and, congrats on your two weeks of clean time. What a joy and a blessing that your little guy will grow up with TWO clean and sober parents!
That, alone, is incentive enough to keep on keepin' on!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 05:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by raerob
Welcome to SR, Adam...and, congrats on your two weeks of clean time. What a joy and a blessing that your little guy will grow up with TWO clean and sober parents!
That, alone, is incentive enough to keep on keepin' on!!!
Very True there!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Adam and welcome to SR!!!

Way to go on your 14 days clean! I am proud of you, it's really hard to admit that we have a drug or alcohol problem. I have four kids of my own and I tell you what, not only will you see a difference in yourself but also your little one. It's crazy but when I got clean my kids had no idea that I was an addict, they just new something was wrong. Keep up the great work, and tell your wife that she too is doing an amazing job.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

hi all

I have 15 days now. Feeling pretty good. I have to go to the Welfare office today to get a Medicaid card, due to not having any money or any insurance. I have no job right now so I'm broke and I really need the Medicaid card to see a private therapist to get out some of my inner demons. Wish me luck. Again thanks for all the love and support. I will be in touch with you all soon.

Love
Adam
Old 01-11-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

(((Adam)))
How great to meet you! 15 days is totally awesome, I can imagine you are now feeling great!! Great approach, great attitude...it works if you work it!!!!

Keep it up, well done...and welcome!

Looking forward to watching more of your progress!

Cathy31
x
Old 01-11-2006, 02:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Adam, welcome to SoberRecovery and congrats on 15 days! That is big!!
Your positive attitude is very inspiring and an asset !

I look forward to getting to know you as you get to know us!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Adam,
Welcome and congrats on 15 days, enjoy the park with your son!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Exclamation 17 Days Today!!!

Hey Guys,

Today I have 17 days. I am still having some sleep issues. Last night I went with my wife to her home group, it helps me to get out and go to meetings. Anyway, I have a question. I have been poisoning my body with 120mg to 300mg of Oxy or Morphine for 9 months prior to my recovery. The question is... when will I be able to sleep? The doctor has me on Clonidine 0.1mg 3x a day, Flexeril 10mg 3x a day, and Sinequan 100mg 2 capsules at bedtime. Last night I didn't get to sleep until 4:30 (that was the last time i looked at the clock). I still have the aching body thing... which causes me to thrash about in bed, kicking legs and flailing arms. Its not as bad as when I first detoxed but when will I get to sleep? I have to drink Red Bull in the morning to stay awake... this sucks. Any suggestions?

Love
Adam
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((((((Adam)))))))))

It takes time man I know it took me almost 3 or 4 months to be able to finally get around 4 or 5 hours of sleep in a night and I usually got up 2 times during that period. Still today I am lucky to get 6 hours of sleep. I do know that when your body it tired enough that you will sleep. I am sending a lot of prayers and thoughts your way.

Love Vic
Old 01-13-2006, 10:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Thanks

Damn I guess its time to play the waiting game then huh? I do know that I went for 3 days last week without sleep (maybe and hour here or there) but no good sleep. I guess your right, when my body's tired i will sleep. Oh well screw it... I have 17 days today... thanks to my HP supportive family and you guys thank you!

love
adam
Old 01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Adam congrats on 17 days that is awesome, You have a great attitude and that is commendable. You will eventually sleep, I know with me it took about a month, I didnt sleep for a week straight then it was cat naps here and there. I was unemployed to when I first came into the program and had no money, no car, no insurance. It took alot of patience, working the 12 steps and prayers but after 7 months I am happy, employed, have money in my pocket and was just given a car last night. This program works and miracles happen. IN fact you are a miracle. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Adam,

Congratulations! Your very first post here was very touching and brought tears to my eyes. You are a great dad and it is obvious, with the love of your wife, you have a very loving family. Congratulations to all of your family. What a great road you're on, even if you hit some hills and rocks. You have the support around you to help you when you need it. You're in my thoughts and prayers for a restful night sleep soon.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life is what you make it!

Congratulations! You're doing wonderful! Those little guys are just the best aren't they? I know mine is what keeps me going most days
Old 01-14-2006, 04:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
a hole new life

Welcome Adam and keep up the good work, CONGRATES
Dave