Notices

Day 6

Old 01-05-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

First off , let me attempt to express the enormous gratitude I am feeling for the responses to my post of yesterday"Day 5-(suddenly not so easy)", the advice and opinions offered were truly edifying and have given me a much needed sense of clarity on how I must go about "keeping my side of the street clean"(just one of many great quotes I found among the responses).Thank you all from the bottom of my heart-I read ALL responses very carefully and thoughtfully and they are all appreciated more than words can convey.
Well , I made it through yesterday-I had prayed for help/strength to make it the entire day without judging or critisizing my still drinking spouse(that includes argueing semantics of my violent episode 6 days ago)-and...I DID IT!!!I can't prove it but I firmly believe GOD must of helped me because it was something I was unable to control on my own before day 5 no matter how many times I said to myself-"I'm just going to keep my mouth shut no matter what she says" , I would be unable to do so.I also credit the responses here-I found an empowering sense of peace knowing I had confided and been still accepted by some of the posters here .
It's getting sad to watch my wife who said "I'm not buying any more alcohol" yet continues drinking as she pollishes off my wine collection bottle by bottle(probably a good thing I guess-although they weren't supposed to be for consumption but collection purposes- but probably for the best I suppose) and finishes up the few remaining beers I still had left in fridge (few is misleading -there still remains about 12 or so)in between finishing the last vestiges of vodka left in the numerous bottles of various brands she hadn't finished completely before.I feel almost certain she will end up buying more this evening as beer was never her drink and its got to taste terrible to her,wine either for that matter.
She says she needs the Xanax , and alcohol now because of my behavior the other night -even drinking I would know better , we ALWAYS needed our drinks for SOMETHING!!! It's got to be rough to see me quitting and going 6 days like this (enough for her to think maybe I'm serious)I AM SERIOUS!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!I am praying constantly for GOD to change me to a Husband that does not judge or critisize...so far seems he's listening...
The urges/impulses (wouldn't go so far as to call them "cravings" anymore) are manageable-still drinking lots of soda , sucking on cough drops but starting to feel better.Yesterday I woke up and was starting the car for my wife thinking "wow!!!I've never felt this good before mid afternoon or evening for a long time (thats when the hangover from the night before would have subsided enough to feel ok).Will definitely go to another meeting tonite - actually looking forwards to it.Will keep posting here at least once a day more if nessessary-whatever it takes...
Thanks again you guys are awesome ...
Old 01-05-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

It sounds like you made it through a tough day yesterday. Handling your wife's continued drinking should not be allowed to bring you down and it sounds like you're doing well with that.

Keep posting.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep praying, I will too. It does help, and you saw that yesterday. Have a good sober day today.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep yourself in peace...and in AA!

Old 01-05-2006, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by sceagacros
I AM SERIOUS!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!
Yesterday I woke up and was starting the car for my wife thinking "wow!!!I've never felt this good before mid afternoon
Hi S,
Day 6, you are doing great. Just keep going, keep posting, and do if for yourself!
I agree with you by the way,
'ya gotta just love a day without a HANGOVER!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there !

Congratulations on your day six ! Awesome

You are doing a great job. keep doing what you are doing and you'll keep getting what you are getting

Enjoy your meeting

HUGX
Lee