Notices

I Won't Be Here For Meeting

Old 01-02-2006, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I Won't Be Here For Meeting

Sorry I won't be here tonight for a meeting, I don't know when I will be back. I will see about Sat but right now I am not doing well. Clean and sober thats about it.

Thanks

Vic
Old 01-02-2006, 05:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Feel better, Vic. Sending prayers out to you now.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

(((vic))) hope you're back soon!!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

Just sharing something my very wise sponsor once told me:

Sometimes the very time you need to be at a meeting is that time when you really don't wanna go......

Having said that, I feel a call to service. Last week someone really needed us to be there and I am grateful that we could be. I'll fill in as chair if anyone wants to still have a meeting--I am headed to the chat room now. Please come if you need to.............
Old 01-02-2006, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hope you start feeling better soon, and hope to see you soon.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

A small group tonight, but hopefully we all got something out of it. I know I was happy to be there. We missed a lot of you old timers......there's been a decent number of newbies showing up at meetings lately, and it would be so great to have more of the veterans come share their stories, especially if y'all are already here one night!

Hope to see more of you guys soon......in the meantime, I thank my HP for being able to be there tonight and for the people who did come and share.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I should attend one of those meetings sometime myself.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Vic,,

I sure hope if you aren't doing well that you are either getting to meetings F2F,, or that you are getting back here..

I know when I am not doing well, it's really easy to hide in my own little world.. But I also know that my own little world is a very sick little world,, that only leads me to trouble. I bet that could also be the case for you..

I hope that you change your mind.. I hope that you get yourself back here.. Or like I said,, get yourself to some f2f meetings.. We do care Vic..

Prayers,
Becky
Old 01-02-2006, 10:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better. See you soon!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

(...)
Old 01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender
I should attend one of those meetings sometime myself.
Absolutely! Your wisdom and experience would be really valuable, I am sure! I wish more of the veterans would come more often......
Old 01-03-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((((((((Vic))))))))))) You know, you can call me if you need to. This time after the holidays can be pretty difficult for me, too. Thinking of you......

Hugs--
Old 01-03-2006, 07:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Vic.... GET BACK IN HERE. You may not be excused from class. You are just about on the Honor Roll and I will not tolerate days missed! But if you must go... hang in there and get back soon.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You could make STUDENT OF THE MONTH yet.
I'm not trying to make light of your situation, just trying to make you laugh.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by velvet
You could make STUDENT OF THE MONTH yet.
I'm not trying to make light of your situation, just trying to make you laugh.
You know Velvet your a sweet heart I have done so much wrong. You know I tried last night and I came here and made a post in the Cafe thing and vented on how this medicine is effecting my thoughts and how I feel that I am going down hill and the response I got was call 911. I don't need to be belittled hell I am stupid anyway. If that is how this is I don't want no part of it. I have been lurking making a few post but I would hope >>>>>>>>>I will stop there.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You know, I don't know you, and I don't make light of being an addict. I've had two ex husbands, that are...my daughter is...and son, not too far behind her. So I know how it is to live with, but not what it is to be an addict. I'm not stupid...I know alot. But to me...you might be taking things on the posts too seriously. I goof around, more that be serious. Alot of posts, I can't begin to reply to. Some, I can.. But I never know what I might gain by reading them. I'm going to try to quit smoking..and I'm sure to some on SR...that's no big deal. But I know it will be hard. If someone replies to my posts in a negative manner....who cares...who are they anyway? The thing is you don't know...they may be someone way worse off than you....you might not even want their opinion, if you knew them. I guess what I'm trying to say is...Don't get pi**ed off it you don't get the reply you want. You got mad at me, when I called you a codie...? I was just joking with you. And so what if you're concerned about someone...just shows you're not made out of stone. "Oh my God, someone might think I'm a nice guy" And it is impossible to reply to all of these posts. Just because you don't get 25 answers, means nothing. I'm happy with 2. You've got 9 months. That's a he** of alot, in my opinion. But it also seems like you should be learning some on how to deal with the emotional end of your addiction. Maybe you're not getting that...talk to doctor or sponsor. Talk to anyone that will help you emotionally, with the mental health end. You aren't gonna be a sparklie, you know. You're gonna have to fight this thing for the rest of your life. Do you have support with your kids? Just be honest with them, let them know if you're hurting. No one can read minds. And no one has to be macho. And being macho is I know I'm rambling...one more thing, and I'm sure it will make you mad but it's not intended to make you mad. You can't pout and run away because the other kids aren't playing fair, or not playing with you or not playing by your rules. You're an adult. Deal with it like an adult. Remember you are making it work...you are coming out on top of your addiction. Certainly don't let other people be your downfall. Can you take responsibility for your own actions? That's important and sometimes hard to do. Don't go run and hide. Look at yourself, like you are someone else and tell me what you see. And most of all don't get mad at me. I hope I made at least one sentence make sense.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, Lucky, I'm still waiting on you. I've gotta go to bed soon...4:45a.m. comes awfully early.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lucky, I was just rereading my post, I hate to make typing errors, and I was reading my ending quote....When one door of our journey in life closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. Once you get your meds straight....maybe it will be time to look into that door that has been open for you.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Vic)) Alot of thinking and emotions go along with sobriety. I hear it does get easier. I know I still have to really think about things before I react. To me almost every situation is multi-dementional.

What I use to be like, what I want, what I feel, and finally what I believe to be true.

It is so hard for me not to take things personally. You are not alone in that!! We go through so many changes. At times it feels overwhelming!! Just hang in there. We have to think, think, think, but yet not dewell on things. How is that possible!?! LOL

That's when I have to bouce my thoughts off someone else. That way, when my rational thinking is on vacation, somebody else can help me!!

Wanted to let you know it's normal what you are going through. Well, to me it is!!

Have a great day!!
Love and Hugs,
Missy
Old 01-05-2006, 05:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Hey buddy, you doing any better today?

Me, I've got cleaning lady coming over to help me 'clean up my side of the street' literally and figuratively. Only did 2 meetings yesterday, lunch with sponsor, then guys workshop.

When times get tough, DIG IN MAN!

Michael