My husband showed up...

Old 01-01-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile My husband showed up...

My husband was in rehab since the day before Christmas. He called me Friday and said he was going to try to get out and spend New Year's eve/night with us. He called Saturday morning and said yes, he was coming. He said he missed us and really wanted to be with us. I told him because he rarely spend holidays with us and some days he doesn't show up when he says he will. I and my children made other plans. If he really wanted to spend time with us, we would be at my mother's (one hour dirve). He knows where she lives. He paused and told me to expect him. He promised. Well guess what? He showed up. My sons were delighted and my family (relatives) were glad to see him. He spend the night as was our plans. He told my sons and I thngs were going to be different. He felt the days he was in rehab helped him. It seems he had a nervous breakdown (small). I did see he trembled even while he was sleeping. Don't worry I am not expecting a big turn around. I know he and I have a long road ahead of us (possible separate roads). But I hope he does succeed. I am not changing my plans. But I must admit it was nice seeing him. He wasn't drunk and was pleasant with everybody. He kept telling me how good I looked and how nice it was to be with me. He wanted me by his side at all times. It was a nice day. One in a long time.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am happy for you

I read your story, and what ever the road holds ahead , I'm glad he showed up and you all had a Happy start to the New Year. I am very Happy for you!! :abx:

Last edited by Bubblegum; 01-01-2006 at 01:22 PM. Reason: changing words around
Old 01-01-2006, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a nice way to start the New Year!