Notices

Success!!!

Old 12-31-2005, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Success!!!

Well, woo hoo for me!! LOL.......I went to a party last night (first time since sobriety 86 days ago). I wasn't very nervous about the presence of alcohol. HOWEVER, I was completely nervous about being social!!

I have been drinking since the age of 17. What that means is that at just about EVERY social event I have attended for the last 17 years I have been at least SOMEwhat intoxicated. Well, turns out even withOUT alcohol in me, I am still a crazy, obnoxious, LOUD party kinda gal!! Yep, I even got some laughs (although not sure if they were directed AT me or WITH me ???)

ANYhoo.....bottom line is this, I actually AM a fun gal......no alcohol needed!! And, what a HOOT to be sober and watch the drunkards........YOWZAS.......I'm kinda glad I don't look like THAT any longer!!

Anyway, just being self absorbed and publicly patting myself on the back!! (hehehe)..........

Sooooooooooo........:abw: and may 2006 bring nothing but prosperity and growth to us all!! Cheers to taking this ride called sobriety "one day at a time"
Old 12-31-2005, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

GOOD JOB,

I'm on my way to an AA event right now. And I agree with you, I myself am quite jovial and fun to be with, even when not entirely ripped!

It's fun to remember who you've been with and what happened the night before. The stories aren't quite as colorful, but my head doesn't hurt as bad either!
Old 12-31-2005, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, thanks Roadie..........Yep, is sure was nice to go to bed late, wake up early (I'm a mom) and NOT feel like DYING!!! AND, to not have to worry about my phone ringing with some horrific story of what I had done at the party!!

Yep, this sobriety thing.......not to shabby!!
Old 12-31-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yep....I attended my AA meeting today dressed all in red and wearing a Happy New Year crown.

I was the only one who looked zany~~

There is joy in recovery...and .I vow to keep my funness!!
Old 12-31-2005, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats to all.

I too was a wild one last night (it's already noon 1/1 here). I took a walk down to the local shrine around 8:30 last night, ate some festival food, came home and played computer games, put on a video and fell asleep before midnight. Yup, my grandmother might have had a hard time keeping up with me!!

Anyway, I was sober on New Years since as long as I can remember and I feel fine today. This year I start a new job (I started my new life last month, hehehe), and I have great hope for the future. Thanks to all at SR.

Keep strong and take care.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

These stories are totally amazing to read! Sobriety can be a blast!!

Keep on rockin' out with the fun everyone!
Old 12-31-2005, 07:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah for you, Skinner. I had to learn to do life all over again sober - eating out, going to parties, holidays. Who'd a thunk it, but it IS better sober.

Good for you! :bbl:
Old 01-01-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phinneas
Who'd a thunk it, but it IS better sober.
Thanks..........and yes, MUCH better sober!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 09:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Coming out of my shell

Hey Skinner! Glad to see you're doing well! :cai
Old 01-01-2006, 10:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
a hole new life

I too had a FIRST, new years eve, sober, no boozy party, no partner nagging me that i had had enough, no vomiting, no sleeping(if that what you call it) in the bathroom, no so called friends comming round for 'hair of the dog' at lunch time. In fact I was tucked up in bed by 10pm, got a head cold,'are poor old Digger' might have a cold but I am SOBER on new years day, now that is really something i did not think was ever possible.