Doin better than I thought I would

Old 12-29-2005, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doin better than I thought I would

On Christmas G informed me that he blew up his charger for his cell phone. Meaning that when the battery died, that was it. No contact.

He "supposedly" started working tuesday. I couldn't tell you if he did or not b/c I haven't heard from him. I can only assume he did.

He was also supposed to get his unemployment check earlier this week too. I can only hope he didn't drink it all away.

I just realized......I'm not going crazy (like before) because I can't get ahold of him. I'm not getting mad b/c he hasn't made an attempt to contact us. And I'm not worrying obsessively either whether he is okay or not.

I have been at peace the last three days.... It's pretty cool.

Kinda like...out of sight, out of mind ???
Old 12-30-2005, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I ran into G on the way to the store today.

All of my assumptions are wrong. Why am I not surprised?

He hasn't worked all week b/c of rain. He still does not have a charger for his cell phone. and the Unemployment Check, I'm guessing that's gone too.

He does not have the money to pay the sitter so I had to take care of it. Which really does not surprise me. This is the same thing he did to me last winter, remember? I did tell him the sitter is counting on this money and he needs to find a way to come up with it.

Oh well..... I wrote her a check and am planning to pay her each week but G don't know that. If he pays her, then I will cancel my check. Hopefully I won't have to, but we all know that hope don't work, in my case. Reality is what really matters here.

I wasn't mad when I found out. Asked him why he didn't just keep the kids so he wouldn't have to pay the sitter....he said b/c he knew she was counting on watching our daughter so she could get the money - HELLO....WHAT MONEY??

He was stressed and snapping...so I told him I needed to go cause he was stressing me out.

The best part....today is our son's birthday. Right before I took off, I asked G if he had something he wanted to say to our son. Only Then did he say "Happy Birthday Buddy".