Gotta let it out

Old 12-25-2005, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gotta let it out

I am off to my MIL where my husband has been staying. I get along great with them except a few things regarding my husband and my recovery processes. But that is not the issue. My BIL who has been my husband's partner in crime (literally) since forever and especially this past year will be there. He's the kind of guy that thinks he knows everything about everything. I used to think he watched out for my husband to make sure as he f'd up he was not doing anything that was hurtful to me. But it seems as if I was TOTALLY wrong and I can't stand the sight of him. Even though he too is a user and alcoholic. Since he is my husband's only brother there's no escaping him. My husband will talk about writing him off but never will (the old blood is thicker than water thing). No boundaries, he just b***hes about what a loser he is and then hang out with him the next night. I know it sounds like I am blaming my BIL for my husband's stuff, but I'm not. I guess I just feel so fooled by him. And that he owes me an apology at least. I am feeling very guarded and anxious about this visit. On the other hand I want to be with my husband. Nothing about this Christmas is right.... God give me strength. I just had to get this out and off my chest.

J
Old 12-25-2005, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It does help to talk about it and get if off your chest. I hope you are able to find other things to occupy your mind and be able to enjoy your Christmas with your husband and his family. Remember it is mind over matter. Have a wonderful time.