Last night was a horrid night

Old 12-24-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last night was a horrid night

Last night, came home from work. AH was drunk, very much so. He was falling all over the place drunk. I was mad of course. He has bipolar and is in the midst of medication changes, which have had a disastrous effect on him!! We are going back to the old meds, they worked, he was not happy with the weight gain caused by them.

Anyway, he tried to call a cab to leave to go to a hotel. I told him he is too drunk, so he went out on the porch and fell and hit his head on the concrete. Blood is going everywhere. I got worried and called 911 and they came to get him. He spent last night in hte hospital. He got out this morning at around 7am. It felt like a relief for them to take him to the hospital.

Anyway, been on the phone with the psychiatrist today. He is going to start seeing him weekly till we get these meds back together.

Meanwhile, I am just at the end of my rope. Reserves are very low. I am praying for a miracle. But at some point, I don't think I can keep going on like this. Dealing with alcoholism is bad enough, then you add bipolar to the picture....

He got 5 sutures to his head. He is being sober tonight, says he has no desire to drink. The mania really makes him want to drink like crazy and do other nutty things.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs and Prayers for the 3 of you....Blessings
Old 12-25-2005, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((((Hugs and prayers)))))
you poor thing, but you are not alone. hang in there and turn to support. glad you were there to make that call. i know how absolutely frustrating it is though, that the call had to even be made. my ex spent a lot of time at the ER, and it was always stuff like that. ((HUGS))
Old 12-25-2005, 06:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

aww meli ((())) God i am so sorry for all the pain you must be feeling and dealing with. my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Meli, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. You don't deserve this. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

AH is back home, been sober since. But you know I'm not the same, still feeling a little down. I just want a normal, stable life. I don't need a lot of excitement, just stability.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Truth Seeker

*Hugs* My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there. You will have peace soon.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I read this earlier and should have answered, then left it feeling guilty - sorry!

I hope christmas got at least a little better - and I hope your new year brings a bit more stability. I don't relly know what else to say except I can deeply understand your frustration. You have so much on your plate, I hope you get to enjoy moments where you can relax and I hope you get support through too.

Take really good care of yourself whenever you can - thinking of you lots.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you had such a crappy night Mel.
Your comment about stability reminds me of Helen Hunt in "As Good As It Gets".
Helen: I just want a NORMAL boyfriend!!!!
Helen's Mom: We all do dear, they don't exist.
Hang in there Mel.
Maybe the meds adjustment will temper his mood some.