please dont be depressed,sad or lonely......

Old 12-24-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

please dont be depressed,sad or lonely......

this is going to be the first Christmas after four,that i am going to be spending alot of it alone. back just a couple weeks ago i was already putting into motion the thoughts to make it miserable.....i know there are alot of us on here dealing with the same thing to lesser or more degrees,so PLEASE--lets not be depressed,sad or lonely..............instead-----let's think about expectations.and how many times we have mistakenly put our expectations on other people-family,spouses,lovers,friends,and even SANTA!!!lets remember that only WE can fill our expectations.at least the ones that really matter. let's remember you can be with others,and still feel alone.
lets think of the good moments in our pasts and cherish those,while letting go of the not so good ones.let's remember that ALL of it--is LIFE. let's be thankful,REALLY thankful for the good things we do have in our lives, and be HOPEFUL for changes for the not so good. let's realize that we may have sooo much more than we think we have. the moments we find ourselves alone,let's be true to ourselves. appreciating ourselves. let's truly believe that it is not in the presents,it is not in the company, it is within ourselves.
let's put on some music and dance.and sing.or take a bubble bath,put on a cozy robe, light some candles,have some hot chocolate,and enjoy the lights on the tree. get dressed up for no one but ourselves.really,truly believe that all of us,no matter our size,looks,color,have the potential to be beautiful.its not in losing whats wrong with us--its in losing our attitudes.let's play with our pets,take a ride and look at the lights while stopping to look at the sky and realizing there is a whole world out there. a whole galaxie............not just what we choose to dwell on. and it is there.....every day--not just today. may we all find peace,serenity,good will,and most of all--ourselves.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting such a lovely thought.
This is my first Christmas ever alone...
When I say alone I mean without a SO.
But my holidays are carefully planned.
This afternoon I am going with my youngest son to his
girlfriends families home to exchange gifts.
This evening my ex will come over before taking the boys to
his families gathering and the boys will open presents just like we used to as a family.
Then later a friend or two may stop by.
On Christmas day the boys and a couple of my friends and I
will enjoy a traditional Italian dinner.
So I will hardly be alone......and I won't have time to feel sorry for myself.
There is certainly no time to be depressed, you have the right idea!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I should have read this post first. sad, grumpy, lonely made me cry but that's okay. I should be glad that my husband is dragging his feet to treatment it is a start. Probably one that won't pan out. I am tired of being fooled. So I get to grow up now. That's exciting and scary. I get to rely on God and myself. Many people are around to say keep it up, look how far you've come. But no one to take care of me and do the work for me. So how bad do I want it? I am no different then my alcoholic husband. I have plenty to be thankful for and one day I'll love and be loved again.

J