Notices

It's Friday! *gasp* Please send hugs!!!!

Old 12-23-2005, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

It's Friday! *gasp* Please send hugs!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Today is (or will be.......if I make it) my 3rd Friday in a row of not drinking.

Fridays are the worst day for me. I hate them so much!!!!! It's normally the end of a stressful week and I just want to sit back, relax, watch some movies, drink a few glasses of my precious white zinfandel (yes picture me petting the bottle like Gollum in lord of the Rings............ MY PwessssssiousSsS....). You know like, it's FRIDAY d*mnit and I deserve a drink! (well that's how I rationalize it.......... of course as you know it never turns out to be just one.......... if I was going to be honest I would have to say: It's Friday d*mnit and I DESERVE MY PWEEEEEESSSSSSIOUSSSSS 1.5 liter bottle of Sutter Home White Zinfandel!!!!!! It's only one bottle! okay it's a big bottle......twice the size of a regular bottle.......and it saddens me to see it start to become empty...........and it's never quite enough............I'm always left wishing I could just have one more glass........just ONE MORE GLASS!!!!)

But this morning I realized as I am sitting here drinking my coffee that it is Friday and I did not have the usual sense of anxiety that I normally have. I have only been coming to SR for three weeks, and I don't post everytime that I am here (sometimes I just lurk in the shadows as many others do)....

But today I came here, and the first post I read was Done-with-it's "It's all your fault post" (which is awesome btw and will surely move on to become an SR CLASSIC!) and I feel genuinely grateful to be here and to be alive, and to have found this place. Just to know that I have some place to go, any time of the day or night, and know that SOMEONE will be here..........SOMEONE who knows how I feel..........
SOMEONE who will reach out to me..........
SOMEONE who will not judge me..........
SOMEONE who will not say mean things to me and make me cry.......
SOMEONE who will offer a few words of encouragement.......

someone who will send a hug.....

Okay so a virtual hug is not the same as a real hug, but it means so much to know that someone cares! Just knowing that can change my whole outlook on the day from being depressed to being hopeful.

I wish I was as good with words as Done-with-it! I've always been jealous of writers! And all the fancy gifs are so cool too. I'm gonna stick around here long enough to learn how to do that. Maybe someday Midas will even make me a gif(t) of my name.

I wish I could express how much love I feel for you all right now....... I don't know you but I feel connected to you and I love you and pray for you.

The story of Velvet's daughter who is addicted to meth....

The story of Vic losing his dog, and all of you being here to comfort him....

So many stories of people that I read and that stay in my mind and I don't think I will ever forget them....

Stories that comfort me, inspire me, and help keep me going another day.

As Done-with-it said, it seems impossible to truly express being thankful.............to just say THANK YOU doesn't seem like enough..... how do we put it into words to really express how we really feel?

Okay guys............. you will have to forgive all of my mushyness this morning! I must be in one of those Budweiser "I LOVE YOU MAN!" moods, and yet I AM SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!

A'ight....... I'll force myself to end this now..........
but if you have time please send a hug....... or even a group hug!

Maybe even a kiss........... tomorrow is Christmas Eve........ I have mistletoe!

Thanks everyone,

Texas Dawn
:elfmxmas
Old 12-23-2005, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
learning

(((Texas)))

Patience, Practice and persistence.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Texas Dawn,

You'll get through today and each time you do this, the Friday thing will become easier.

I completely agree with you about the stories here. I never fail to be inspired when I come here, no matter how I am feeling when I arrive.

I wish you well.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Coming out of my shell

I know how you feel. You've been through 2 Friday's already, so one more can be done. Besides, it's not Friday, it's just another day that you can enjoy being sober. I have faith in you.
Kathy
Old 12-23-2005, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

big hug goin out to you....
I'll skip the mistletoe.. ;o)

Blessings on your zinfindelessness...
Old 12-23-2005, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
C's Sweetie

Thumbs up

TexasDawn, here's a hug for ya
...and flowers for ya
...and a cheer for your making it three weeks!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Texas Dawn)))

You can do this. You already made it through 2 fridays. I have faith that you will remember how you did it, and make it through this one too!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My sister is having a party tonight, and I am running far, far away, to a place where there is no alcohol...dad's.

Hey, where in Ohio are you???????????????

Good luck tonight!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep on writing posts!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep in focus....You can do this!

We are all pulling for your recovery
Old 12-23-2005, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

In the beginning...Friday night meetings were lifesavers for me.
Are you attending any F2F meetings ?
This too shall pass...with or without a drink...
****{HUGS}}}
Old 12-23-2005, 04:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Hi guys!

Thanks for the hugs! I really need them tonight. I'm having a hard time. I've cried half the day. I hate myself for doing that. I'm sure tomorrow I'll feel better.

Yeh I should have planned to go to a meeting. I haven't gone back yet this time. I use to go several years ago. I was trying to tough it out and be with the family ya know? For instance, my son's indoor soccer game starts in 40 minutes. My husband took him up there early and I will join the fam in a few minutes, but I am really not up for it. I just don't feel like dealing with people right now or socializing in public. I'll have to fix my make-up AGAIN since I cried most of it off.

Hey Privet - I am in the good ole Sin City, Zinzinnati.

Thanks again guys..........feeling like a big baby tonight.

Dawn
Old 12-23-2005, 06:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Texas,

Try not to think of it as another Friday, but rather just another day that ends in the letter "y"--nothing special.

You can do this. Also, I've found myself wanting to socialize more since I stopped drinking--of course in a non-alcohol environment. Last night (Friday here) some friends and I played some board games and had a great time. Why don't you do that with your family; you might be surprised at how much communication goes on doing "silly" things like that.

I guess I'm trying to say, don't shy away from people--they can help you in ways that they might not even know they are doing. If someone gives you grief about not drinking, obviously they don't really care about you and have some growing to do themselves.

Keep us up to date and take care.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Dawn))) You can get through this and you have all of us to lean on as we walk with you along this journey. Many hugs heading to you. You are not alone. We are here with you and have our hands out, ready for you to grab on to.

Love,
Cheryl