Notices

dilemma

Old 12-23-2005, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy dilemma

i have court in a couple of weeks and i am requesting supervised visitations. my dilemma is that this christmas my husband wants to take the kids to the movies. i told him i would have to go with them. He does not want me to go because its his time. my dilemma is that these past few days, he has been very angry at me. he's been harassing me on the phone, leaving many messages, coming over irate and insisting i let him into the house. i had to call the police on him to leave me alone. I believe he has been drinking because he does all this drama when he does. Eventhough, I still agreed to the visit, but after 20 phone calls in one evening, continued angry,harassing i told him its best to visit at my house. I don't want to go anywhere with him actually. now he's angry because he doesn't understand why he can't take them to the movies without me. do i insist on what i think is best?
Old 12-23-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

At the end of the day do whatever you think is best for your children. It's amazing how much they are influenced by the behaviour of adults around them as they grow.

Explain to him you can't handle him acting that way around the children.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

drencrom,
i read your reply and i am in desperate need of advice, but he is a very irrational person. "explaining to him" does not help. i cannot speak to someone who is irrational. they don't listen to rational. he as an abuser/alcoholic who is very self centered. if the children were really his concern, the crazymaking would stop and i would not have this dilemma.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to do what you believe is best for your children. Try to put your husband's and your differences aside and ask yourself if you really believe it is unsafe for him to take them away from your house. If so, then do what you need to do.

I wish you well.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Do what you need to do to protect your children. If he shows up at your house and there is even a hint of alcohol on his breathe, call the police and tell them you are refusing to allow him to take the children for a visist as he has been drinking and it is not safe for your children. I do believe the police will back you up.

Praying for your and your children.

Love and (((((to all))))),