Today's Daydream

Old 12-28-2002, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today's Daydream

How do you spell "escape"? Sometimes I spell it d-a-y-d-r-e-a-m. My brother gave me the DVD "Lilo and Stitch" for Christmas. My cat is a little crazy (she had a traumatic kittenhood) and I've begun to call her Stitch2.

Today's daydream: Smoke and Stitch2 move to Hawaii. We live in a little house in the hills, with electricity and phone service, as we have to have our internet. Stitch2 chases, but never catches, a big colorful bird that lives near us and enjoys taunting the cat. Smoke walks barefoot 3 miles every day to her hula classes and eats bannanas all the way home. Smoke dyes her hair dark to fit in better. In spite of her blue eyes, people begin to mistake her hint of the Shawnee features as a hint of Hawaiian. Obsessed with hula and bannanas, Smoke loses 30 pounds and becomes a professional hula dancer. In her spare time she paints pictures of Stitch2 in various tropical settings, and sometimes rides all day on an open air island tour bus.

Got daydream?
Old 12-28-2002, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - okay Smoke here's Ann's daydream....

After winning the lottery and donating all but the last million to Sober Recovery (are you reading this Jon?), she moves into the somewhat more lavish hut just up the hill from Smoke the world-famous hula-dancer.

Eating fresh fruit and coconuts, she also loses 30 pounds and discovers that she really IS an Audrey Hepburn lookalike. With cool shades, Audrey style scarf, cigarette holder and her trusty cat Toby (almost Breakfast at Tiffany's gone native), she climbs into her shiny new Jeep to ride the hills and find new tropical plants for her recovery garden.

Her Mel-Gibson lookalike husband and her son who wouldn't know a drug if he tripped over a crackpipe, would be home cleaning the villa and preparing a diet feast for dinner, and upon Ann's return (after a short stopover at Smoke's for coffee), they would all sit out watching the stars and reminiscing of colder winters back home.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hey I'm game!!

You know me and the beach. I would be just up the road in the fabulously decorated beach house with windows facing the sunset. I would spend my days walking the beach and collecting shells with Mad Max the Lab from hell who due to a brilliant vet ( who looks just like Kevin Costner) has mellowed and now loves cats.

With all that walking and bending to examine the shells I become long and lean and would make my own million with the first installment of an exercise video entitled " Codependent's Workout...Lose The Last of That Dead Weight"

I would stop at Ann's with my complimentary copy and Smoke, MG and many other's would already be there and a meetin' would be going on among the swaying palms. Max and the cats would chase that bird, but never catch it and Smoke the famous artist would give painting lessons.

Ahhhhh....
JT
Old 12-28-2002, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OKAY!

I'm just over yonder, living in that large yacht anchored in the lagoon. I live peacefully with my handsome, wealthy husband (who is sometimes mistaken for Brad Pitt) and my two perfect sons. My sons are extremely grateful to be first mates and rarely speak expect to say please, thank you, and may I?

The yacht is sometimes mistaken for Noah's Ark as there are an abundance of rescued animals, including a number of rottweilers. These rottweilers are pussycats and I have trained a number of them to do such things as run my bubble bath, bring me my bunny slippers, and dial up the internet. Although we have two of almost every animal on board, we are strangely lacking in elephants and ducks.

I spend the days snorkeling and no longer have hips or a gut due to that mean scissor kick I have developed. When I'm tired, I languish in my deluxe inflatable reliner.

I have weekly pot luck dinners on board with all my friends at SR so we can bask in the fellowship and congratulate each other on finding the peace we so richly deserve.

hugs,

deedee
Old 12-28-2002, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oooh, I hope you have a big recovery garden Ann. I'm gonna need a lot of leis. Can I be the orange hibiscus? Huh, can I? I'm a little worried about giving painting lessons. It might give me flashbacks to keep saying "balance and proportion, balance and proportion!" over and over. Maybe we could paint a recovery mural on Deedee's yacht. This is a good daydream. Look at all the people who showed up in it!
Old 12-28-2002, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You paint the mural Smoke, and I'll decorate the lounge with my fabulous recovery flowers. Deedee can drive and we can all have a floating meeting beyond the lagoon, where no one can see us in our bikini's.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

With unlimited funds, Tena keeps her hut in the woods in Indiana which she upgrades for a little more comfort and security, however, she is never there except for Christmas and Easter, she hires a good natured Harrison Ford look alike to accompnay her as a well heeled hobo traveling the world and adventuring. Without cares, she ceases to show age, indeed begins to look younger. Once a week she lays in bed all day and reads. HF keeps a photo record of her journeys and Tena sends postcards to her friends. When in the mood for closer company she sends her friends tickets to a destination they might enjoy as well.
and, oh yeah, science develops a cure for cancer, as Tena's imagination does not extend to non-smoking.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

But Ann Dahling -

We don't have to hide in our bikinis anymore ... minus those 30 pounds, we can wear bikinis and even thongs for the first time in 20 years and we look absolutely fab.

Why am I thinking of Gilligan's Island right now?

hugs to all -

deedee
Old 12-29-2002, 12:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

THONGS?????
Old 12-29-2002, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey girls,

I know I'm getting in on the TAIL end of this post, (no pun intended) but did you say THONGS? Now listen here, honey. I'll be right there in that tropical paradise with ya'll, but I REFUSE to wear anything that would have to be surgically removed. Heck, that thongs would be lost....lol!

But wait....I'll talk THONGS all day long if it will keep me sane and my thoughts off the A at my house!!!! Bring on the thongs...I'll use mine as a sling shot!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Hangin' in...

You be Hangin' In, and everybody in thongs will be Hangin' Out.

I like the slingshot idea. Ann will probably use hers for hanging plants.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Smoke,

Those macrame plant holders just can't hold a candle to a lacy thong plant holder, can they? Only problem is the water runs right smack dab through that lace.

Hmmmmmmm, maybe granny panties would work better, ya know? Made of heavy cotton...lol.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

I may be new but can I come too?

As long as my hut doesn't have a phone! LOL
Old 01-01-2003, 07:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Distraughtmom

You can stay at my recovery villa with me. I will give you the "special guest" suite that overlooks Recovery Lagoon where Deedee's yacht is moored, and that has no phones, only internet to access these boards.

Your suite is full of recovery bouquests picked fresh daily from my jaunts through the tropics, and it is just a short walk to Smoke the world famous hula dancing artist's luxury hut.

Pack light - we leave our excess baggage behind, and don't forget your bunny slippers.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Banned User

bad grapes

A disese somehow gets into the grapevines and makes commercial wine making unfeasable. No n\more NAPA valley drug lords or divorce or DUI's
Old 01-03-2003, 01:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Openseason!

Welcome to the recovery forum. I hope this doesn't affect grape jelly.

Hugs!
Smoke
Old 01-03-2003, 05:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

HEY !

can I just hang out ?(forgot,we'll all be hangin out !)
I can work hard swabbing the Arc, cleaning dog sh--, washing bikini's....with nothing but snow surrounding me now, just a beach
sun and sand no white stuff all cold and blowy.

I can work my way through -honest ! honest I can uhhu,yep.

Last edited by liddy; 01-03-2003 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Liddy!

Careful, you're talking like a codependent. You don't have to wash ANYBODY'S bikini but your own! And JT's dog is very well trained. Relax! Put your bunny slippers up and enjoy the anon luoa!

Hugs!
Old 01-04-2003, 09:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm the original switch number 1 and my son is number 2, we've meet someone who reconize us as the originals and has offer us a safe place to stay once we arrive on you inland, his place is locate near the beach. Once we arrive we find number 3 and immediately adopt it and it is there on the of beach of recovery we begin our recovery, playing in the sand, chasing waves, swimming. We 1 & 2 begin to turn brown, looking similar to the natives too. 3 stay the same color but we don't mine he's a great friend to my son, they are always digging logoons around our recovey sand castle to keep the badies out. Me number 1 will wonder down to the SR meeting offen to enjoy chatting to her many new friends.