Notices

All addictions welcome?

Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All addictions welcome?

I'm Eric, and I'm a recovering sex addict. This is advertised as a forum for recovering alcoholics and drug addicts, but I'm hoping other recovering addicts are welcome also. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Still curious

Hi Stormy:

Thanks for your reply - I'm actually a member of a different sex addiction 12-Step program. My original message wasn't as clear as it could have been, so let me start again. I'm curious if the Soberrecovery forums are 'closed', that is, open only to recovering alcoholics and drug addicts, or whether any recovering people are welcome to participate. I really appreciate the experience, strength and hope that other addicts can provide, especially online.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 12-14-2005, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome to SoberRecovery, xeric. Unfortunately, we don't have a SAA/SLA specific forum, but ALL manners of addictions are encouraged to participate. We'll gladly share our E.S.H.!

Old 12-14-2005, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, Eric. Read around and see where u can identify. We may not understand your specific addiction, but we do know the pain of being addicted.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

For me, addiction is addiction. It's not about what a person uses; it's about why...

If you've found that you're powerless over your addiction, that your life has become unmanageable as a result of trying to control it and you have some experience, strength and hope to share about your recovery process, then I'd certainly welcome your sharings!!!

Who knows? I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who can identify and could be helped by what you have to offer.

Welcome to all-inclusive SR!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Eric, you are more than welcome here at SoberRecovery. Welcome aboard. I hope you stick around.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee, Eric. Welcome to Sr. We're glad you're here!

Old 12-15-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Xeric...

I have been dealing with sex addict issues on SR here... as well as my codie and other using issues.

What I've found on other sex issues boards... and on SR here.. is that I need to keep the specifics of the behavior out of my posts...
that should be shared one on one with someone... cause talking about it can trigger others...

but.. the "isms" of addiction are all the same... and these can all be addressed...

So.. welcome to SR... ;o)