Serenity...............

Old 12-13-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Serenity...............

Hello Friends, I would like to share a realization I had this past week about my life. For many, many years I have struggled with feeling like I was living life wrong, feeling like I didn’t really know what I wanted didn’t have a BIG GOAL. Well on Saturday, I was walking to my car, after having a nice breakfast, just me and my book, and the realization came to me: “I have everything that I want in life”. Wow, it was a quiet thought, not the result of really thinking about it, it just slipped into my mind, like a message from my soul.

I understand that I won't always feel that way, but this was more than a feeling, more like a deep truth, that I finally let myself see. That in fact I have been very carefully creating the life that I want, focusing on the things truly important to me: family, friends, self knowledge, self control, reflection. Even my work life is a reflection of who I am: dependable, intelligent, thoughtful, hard working, knowledgeable, good communicator. I am all about authentic interaction and work, with very little focus on political posturing. And I am recognized for these things at work.

So even if I feel frustrated tomorrow, or sad, or unhappy, inside I will know that I have not failed at life. I’ve done well so far, with what I had to work with. This relieves a tremendous burden, I have worried about this for many years. I can now move forward with more freedom and less fear. Yes, a big step. Funny how these realizations seem to come right out of the blue. If this is what 46 is all about, I am all for it!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

“I have everything that I want in life”
blessings on that.. you lucky gal... ;o)

Good to be able to see our blessings and make them our truths...
thank you for the good news.. ;o)
Old 12-13-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YAY!!! What a lovely thing to read!!! Thanks Rose.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Rose.....
You helped me to look at my life and appreciate more of what is really important in it...
Old 12-13-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Originally Posted by Rose56
“I have everything that I want in life”. Wow, it was a quiet thought, not the result of really thinking about it, it just slipped into my mind, like a message from my soul.

If this is what 46 is all about, I am all for it!!!!
Its great to hear about one of the blessings of recovery.

I found that my attitude has changed since I turned 40. I'm calmer, and more open to the important things in life (love, relationships, spirit)

Robin
Old 12-13-2005, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Nice to hear something uplifting today Rose, if thats 46 I am ready too. I can feel the sense of peace oozing from your post. How wonderful, With love,
Old 12-13-2005, 11:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is truly those moments of clarity when things are crystal clear to us that I truly love. Rose I envy you, you have been around as long as I have here...weve followed each other. Good for you and the inner peace. Hang in there, keep on keepin on!

Many, Many hugs!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Friends for your support.

Hi Bonbon, good to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!