Christmas with the family, lol

Old 12-25-2002, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Smile Christmas with the family, lol

<bgsound src="http://www.gnu-bee.com/midi_yule/reindeer_rag.mid">

I celebrated Christmas at my moms with my sisters, brother,and their husbands and wife, mom, grandkids and nieces and nephews.

It was a typical year. My niece went to drop off her son at the ex's house and he physically assaulted her. He was arrested and the nice policeman personally drove over to our house to give us the order of protection .

My brother(still unknown to him) had a flashback of not protecting my mother when she was battered by my father. The trauma triggered my daughter's PTSD and she started having twitches. My mother started expressing her sorrow for the batterer and telling us what a wonderful husband my father was. We opened presents inbetween the phone calls from the police department.

My nieces ex was bailed out immediately by his new girlfriends enabling rich family. We then made plans to hide my niece and her son. Of course we had to do a little extra shopping because Santa was not expected at my little nephews house because he was supposed to be with his dad for Christmas.

The atorney was nice enough to call us back on Christmas eve to discuss custody.

I walked around all night saying "Let it go" and "Did you read that book I got you yet?"

So it was another good Christmas. No one was hurt.

We ended up laughing because all my nieces buttons came off her shirt when her ex grabbed her. We were going to take it back to the store and return it because the buttons should not have all come off in this situation.

I am home today and sitting in my PJ's all day and not going anywhere. I love it!!!

Merry Christmas!!

Hugs and love to all of you.

MG

Last edited by Morning Glory; 12-25-2002 at 12:51 PM.

Old 12-25-2002, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

It's good to know it is just not me!

Boy, it is just wonderful to come here and read the wonderful posts and see in black and white that it is just not my family that is so messed up ... it is all of us!!!!!!
My christmas at my mother's was actually quiet .. no kicking screaming or hair pulling ... one of my sister's had said she was going to cause a big scene but I guess she changed her mind because she was fine all day.
Maybe she could see my resolve to not let it spoil my day.
Or perhaps she noticed that I had 911 dailed in the the phone?
I had resolved to calling the police if she showed out to badly and it actually became physical .. she has been known to throw a big fit and jump on other people ... and I was just not going to take it.
Do you guys think that this was mean of me to even think of calling the police to her?
Old 12-25-2002, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Sealy,

Merry Christmas!!!

That wasn't mean at all. That was setting boundaries for yourself. It just feels mean to us because we are not used to doing it.

Good for you!!!

Hugs,
MG

Old 12-25-2002, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks

Thanks Morning Glory, I appreciate your thoughts ... I had thought it was setting boundaries but I just wanted to get some feedback from someone else?
I am glad you are getting to spend some quality time in your PJ's today relaxing.
I am very sleepy after dinner and I am thinking of taking nap myself ... except that we are expecting company at some point this afternoon/evening.
One last round of christmas presents.
Old 12-25-2002, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

What a trip!!! My kids woke me up at 3:30am this morning for Santa's treasures!!! We opened presents and used up all the film and the flash before the sun came up.... HA. My Ex came and picked them up so I'm alone. I'm really ok. I must be improving cuz last year or the yr. before I couldn't have said that. I have a fire going with Indian flute music in the background. My family is in the South and have made their phone call with arrows that were supposed to make me feel guilty for not going home. Surprise!!!! I don't feel guilty. Maybe I'll take a long bubble bath tonight.......I think I'm getting better. Thank you HP.
Old 12-25-2002, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hilarious!
I'm brave this year-I'm having around
15-20 people over. They should be
arriving at 3.
I'm physically ready, turkey is done,
house clean. We'll see what happens.
Don't feel bad Sealy-it worked!

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2002, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Getting better

Good Afternoon Cajun girl, I am so very glad to hear that you are feeling better about things and having a nice day today.
A bubble bath sounds like a wonderful way to spend your Christmas evening.
I know what you mean about the phone calls with arrows.
My mom had wanted me to stay an extra night at her house and take her riding around to visit her friends on Sunday but I was really tired and wanted to head on back in the direction of my own home.
She was saying things like ... you are going to wait until I am not able to get around .. or when you decide to come and stay with me it will be too late.
I know she was doing it on purpose as she is the guilt trip gueen and I cannot really say that it did not bother me but I did what I needed to do and got started on my trip back home.
Although part of me does wonder why I decided to come back home to my husband but then again it is my home too and I like my house.
It all gets kind of confusing sometimes for me ... especially when I feel like I am being pulled in so many directions at once?
Maybe I need a bubble bath too?
Old 12-25-2002, 01:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

MG,
Merry Christmas!!! Gosh what a day for you and your family.
I'm a so glad you have still among the chaos found a way to relax.
Merry CHristmans to you!

Love ya,
bonbon
Old 12-25-2002, 01:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Yea Josie, I am sure your dinner will be delicious.
Everything I cooked turned out great .. I am happy to say that it is all put away and the dishes are done ... and I have been eyeing the candy for awhile now ..
Old 12-25-2002, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Josie,

I'm so glad you are having company. What does it feel like to do something that normal? Have that duck tape ready just in case, lol.

Merry Christmas Cajun Girl and Bonbon. Bubble bath sounds great to me.

Sealy, enjoy the rest of your evening too.

Hugs to all,
MG

Old 12-25-2002, 05:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So MG - it was a typical Christmas Day then? I am sitting in my scrubs, all alone, poking around on the net, and enjoying every minute of it! Glad to know you survived.

Love and hugs.
Old 12-25-2002, 06:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

Merry Christmas!
MG- Had a good laugh over the shirt! Sounds like something I would do! I'm glad all ended well. I have had a pretty uneventful Christmas. My daughter disappeared the night before Christmas eve. Walked in around 2pm Christmas eve, like nothing happened. (one of those, you tell your parents your staying here, & I'll tell mine I'm staying there, deals) so she can't understand why she is grounded during Christmas break????????? I was very calm, didn't go off. am very proud of myself. My A was trying to figure out where to run around and look for her. I told him I had stuff to do, it was Christmas eve. I stayed calm, all got done. My grama is in the hopital tho, went in night before Christmas eve. Its not looking good, am having a hard time dealing with it. It helped being with family, & my A being supportive about it. Dinner at my sisters was good. Today he went to his moms, I didn't go because of the brother in law issue. And I don't feel bad about my decision at all. My daughter stayed home with me....not by my choice! I stayed in my pjs ALL DAY TOO!!! I haven't done this in ?????? I worked on my 4th step, to take the 5th step tomorrow a.m. And now I am going to take a bubbly bath! I had the least expectations, tried to just follow some imaginary path (God's maybe?) and, no one got hurt! I think this was the first Christmas that I remember feeling this sense of calm.

I pray all is well with everyone!
Old 12-25-2002, 06:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Post bubble bath

Wow. What a difference a long bubble bath will do. I prayed a prayer of thanksgiving tonight and felt compelled to extend a huge thank you to all of you. You have been my angels in a difficult time and I love you all. Merry X-mas.
Old 12-25-2002, 07:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Merry Christmas Margo and Gypsy !!

I'm glad you are both well.

Hugs to you both,

MG

Old 12-25-2002, 07:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi MG...you can't say our lives aren't lacking in excitement....never a dull moment. LOL

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Good luck on your fifth step tomorrow Gypsygirl and I'll be sure to say a prayre for your grandmother.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Paused

Your right Cajun girl, the bubble bath & tons of candles did wonders for the attitude. I feel much better now!

Thanks Searching!
Old 12-25-2002, 09:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

MG

Glad to see you survived another family get-together . In our own funny ways, we are much like "The Waltons" gone wrong.

I'm glad you are home safe and sound.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

<bgsound src="http://www.gnu-bee.com/midi_yule/reindeer_rag.mid">

Merry Christmas Ann and Happy holidays Searching.

Hugs,
MG

Old 12-25-2002, 09:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

MG.
Sounds like another typical holiday for us! I had to laugh about the PJ's... but to the best of my knowledge no manufacturers test the button strength against stuff like that!

Hope you can maintain your serenity..... and know that we send love to you and your entire family!!

HUGS
Osier59
Old 12-25-2002, 09:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Merry Christmas Osier!!!

I hope you had a great day.

Hugs,
MG