New here and just wanted to say hi!

Old 12-08-2005, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Unconditional love

Smile New here and just wanted to say hi!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hi. I will tell you a liitle about myself. I am in the process of divorce from my A. I have been married 27 years and have 2 beautiful adult daughters. I am the one that made the decision to leave. I am getting on with my life after going through a great deal of grief and guilt. I have seen a pyscologist to get thru this and its been a painful year. I read other post just to know that I am not alone. I know al anon helps but I feel like most everyone there is trying to save their marriages and I just couldnt try any longer. I am looking forward to a better "2006"!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR lovemypup.......

So glad you found us....
Sounds like you are making some great progress.....
Sometimes we need to try different Alanon meetings
in order to find a fit.......
Don't give up on it because the one you attended wasn't
the fit for you.
When I started I thought I was going to save my relationship too....
Started out the way, ended very differently....
I agree with you..."2006" IS going to be my best year ever!!!!
Keep coming back, there are so many supportive folks here......
Old 12-08-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,
I agree with pmaslan Al-Anon can be a big help. We need help to heal.
If we can help others that also helps us too. All Al-Anons know each situation is different.
Keep coming back. Glad you found us
Old 12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome.

Hi lovemypup.

Welcome to SR. I joined only a little over a month ago and have gotten so much wonderful information, help and support. It's a great site to be part of. I go to Al-Anon meetings with the hopes of saving my 22+ year marriage, but I also go to build my own strength and character. Al-Anon is helping me to become a better husband, but at the same time, it's sad and painful to realize that I might lose my wife to a bottle of wine (well,,, at least two bottles every night). If I can't do something proactive myself to revitalize my marriage, at least I will have the wisdom and courage to go it on my own. I applaud you for having the courage. It may be of help to others if you shared more details of your story. Not that I just want to hear "dirt" or gossip, but reading what others went through, experienced and did about their situations helps many of us make better decisions for ourselves. I wish you the best of luck and success in 2006 and many years afterwards. Welcome,,,, Mrakaronni.

P.S.: I have three dogs and it's amazing what unconditional love from a pet can teach us humans.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there!! Welcome to SR. It's a great place here - it has helped me enormously.
I feel like most everyone there is trying to save their marriages and I just couldnt try any longer.
I felt EXACTLY the same. On both counts. You know what? For me, Al-anon is all about choices and gaining the strength to recognise that fact and follow through on whichever choices we make.

I'll join you in looking forward to a better 2006.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Lovemypup:

If you stick around Alanon enough you may find plenty of people that are still there with no active alcholism in their lives..I'm one of them..

I still go to a meeting once a week for the love, support and the messages I get while I am there..It helps me keep the focus on me..in all aspects in my life..

While there I also get to be with people who REALLY get me..I love that.

Here's to a wonderful 2006..
Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Hi Lovemypup. From one dog lover to another, I'd like to welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I have four rescued pups of my own, and one rescued rabbit, too. The little short, fat guy on my avatar is Marty. I found him in a box along the side of the road.